Friday, February 27, 2015

What took me so long?


Hello again! I'm back with my second post today to enter my card in the current challenge at CC3C. It perplexes me why it took me so long to use Tim's awesome Dimensional Cutting Pad but I'm glad this challenge gave me the push. I love this wonderful tool and I highly recommend it! 

  22.Header
You can order an autographed copy of Tim's third book in the Compendium of Curiosities series here.

I used two techniques found in CC3-paint marbling and layering stencil texture paste-on the base under my focal panel. Stamped images from the Papillon and Bitty Grunge sets were stamped in Archival ink and a text rub on was cut in half and added to each side. For the focal panel I used the dimensional cutting pad to cut my heart (from the Mini Hearts Mover and Shapers die) and distressed the edges with a distress tool and walnut stain distress ink. Then I added visual interest with Tim's Elements rub-ons and expressed my sentiment with a chitchat sticker that was altered with distress ink. A Moroccan Lace border punch and Industrial Sticker photo corners added the finishing touches. 

The Funkie Junkie is sponsoring this challenge and generously 
The Funkie Junkie Boutique
offering a prize of $25.00 gift certificate to the online store.


As I mentioned in my previous post, a big congratulations goes to Mario Rossi because he became a GrandPoppy this week. His granddaughter, Zoey, is adorable! I also want to thank the Curiosity Crew for the Honorable Mention for the last challenge-Rock Candy Distress Glitter. I'm honored ladies, thank you!

Hope you have a great weekend, wherever you are!
Lisa xx


4 comments:

Candy C said...

Hi Lisa. I'm a bit late in leaving a comment on this lovely piece you've created for CC3C. Better late than never though...right? :) This is such a lovely layered card! The stenciling, the multiple colors, the stamping on that background are all very very cool! Your blue torn and stamped paper on the top really works well with the blue matting behind all of that luscious color and stamped/stenciled layers going on. The dimensionally die cut heart in the center works! :) Thanks so much for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Pia S said...

I think you've used a great color combo for this project along with a lot of techniques that add interest to this beautiful design. I think I need to get one of those books...

Marjie Kemper said...

That's so neat - love the gorgeous background and the blue on top. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

Margaret said...

Beautiful card! The blue is just gorgeous and I love the heart in the center!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...