Tuesday, April 14, 2015

4 You

 

3 of Something

That's our new challenge at Top Tip Tuesday and Samantha is hosting this one. She'd like to see 3 of anything ~ flowers, buttons, brads, perhaps Scrabble Tiles like me. :) My hubby and I love to play Scrabble and I'm always on the lookout for used Scrabble games at our local thrift store so I can rob the tiles from it. That leads me to my Tip which is: Save wood or metal playing game pieces to use on your craft projects. They make unique embellishments!  

Here's another tip for you, if your mojo is currently not free flowing (like me) pay Pinterest a visit for inspiration. I found this card by Shari Carroll which I decided to CASE. There are slight differences but I tried to stay as close as possible to her card because I love it.  


This was a fun card to put together and I love using the Scrabble Tiles to help spell out my sentiment. A few other crafty notes-I used Kaisercraft's Postmarks stamp to add a bit of interest and a black gelly pen to outline my yellow dp. As an afterthought I decided to hit the circles with a white uniball Signo pen and I'm glad I did. The metal flower was altered with Distress Stains, Cracked Pistachio and Antique Linen (same for the number brad). The leafy flourish is a die by My Favorite Things which I cut in half so it would fit.


This pretty lace stamp is by Finnabair and I die cut another dp from the paper collection using a Fiskars Apron Lace border punch to add more color to my focal panel. 


Two punched flowers were added to my red banner (giving me a total of 3 flowers) and I altered Kaisercraft pearls with a Copic marker for the centers. The red banner was outlined with a black gelly pen and finished my card. :)


Our wonderful sponsor for this challenge is 

 

and the lucky winner will receive a $20.00 gift certificate.


That's a wrap for me today. 
Take care,
Lisa xx



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fab card hunny love the bright and cheerfulness of this card, Now where is that Scrabble board????... off to look it out.. Great tip! hugs me x

Margaret said...

This is terrific! The two little daisies are so sweet! I am a sucker for anything Scrabble and have bought a few 'missing pieces' sets from yard sales before people knew what to do with them. Now, they are becoming harder to find...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...