Tuesday, May 12, 2015

All About Animals





This challenge is for animal lovers and Brenda is hosting this one. All you need to do is choose an animal(s) and include it on your project. You'll be in the running for our fabulous sponsor's prize and if you're interested in being a guest designer at TTT leave a tip in your blog post and put TIP behind your name when you link up. 


Crafty Sentiments Designs


Prize is winner's choice of 3 free digi's.



I used Suzi Blu's Loved Pets: Bubble Biscuit on this fun birthday card and colored it with Prismacolor pencils. You can see in this close up how I mixed several geometric designs together which leads me to my TIP: Mix geometric patterns using different elements like paper, dry embossing and ribbon. I love the visual interest it adds. The balloons are part of Hero Arts-Be Happy Today stamp set and I fussy cut them. The word Celebrate is part of a subway art stamp - Graphic Greetings Birthday - and I masked it with scotch tape so only this word would appear. Festive Berries Distress Ink adds a touch of color to my sentiment. The chevron dp is by The Paper Studio and the multi-star dp is from Echo Park's Little Boy collection. Kaisercraft red pearls and Ocean Blue liquid pearls by Ranger add the finishing touches. 



I rarely show the inside of my cards but I love this birthday sentiment, and the candles, which are also from the Be Happy Today set. That's a Labels 10 Spellbinders die and should note that I used  Classic Circles and Classic Scalloped Circles dies by Spellbinders on the front of my card. 


Before I go I have to share who I met yesterday in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. 
She needs no introduction-


We were eating lunch (at her restaurant located at The Island-a resort, shopping, and dining complex) when all of a sudden everyone started clapping. We couldn't see what was going on and then there she was. She sat down across from where we were sitting and her husband, Michael, joined her a few minutes later. She was so gracious to let everyone take pictures and after she ate lunch she surprised shoppers in the gift shop by appearing in the kitchen area to snap photographs with everyone. She is one of the most down-to-earth people I've ever met. 

Here she is signing some tea towels my hubby bought for me. :) 


A rare photo for me as I hate having my picture taken but I had to make an exception this time. ;)

By the way, I highly recommend her new restaurant Paula Deen's Family Kitchen in Pigeon Forge. 
Good food and plenty of it!!!


Thanks for the visit today, we are headed home and I have thoroughly enjoyed my Mother's Day get-a-way with the hubster and my Bub. I'll be by soon to catch up with all the crafty goodness that I missed while away. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Lisa xx








13 comments:

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A brilliantly, fun card Lisa, love the primary colours. You look fab by the way in your celebrity picture, sounds like you had great fun :)
Lorraine

Unknown said...

Awesome photo of you and Paula! I love her smile and her accent. Your card is adorable. Since I started the art journaling a year and half ago I haven't made another card. Oops. LOL

Sarah said...

Love your bright cheery card Lisa and what a cute little dog!! Lovely picture of both of you Lisa xx

Elaine Stark said...

Primary colours are always a hit, a cheerful card. You look like you had a wonderful day. Elaine

Brenda said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Love your card, such a happy, colorful design. Brenda

Anonymous said...

Oh fab card Lisa but..... I have to say I Love the fact that you posted who you met, and the fab photos LOVE the one of you too! gorgeous photo hugs me xx

Gitte said...

Great card and lovely photoes.

JanR said...

Loving the bold colours! Great card!

Pia S said...

The mix of patterns and colors make this such a fun and cheerful card! Sweet too!

Regina Easter said...

wow really how fun....great picture to....and love your card

Lori Turner said...

What a fun, bright card, Lisa! I am so stoked for you that you got to meet Paula!!! You look FANTASTIC - you should get your pic taken more often girl - you are gorgeous! xoxoxo Have a wonderful week xoxoxo

Margaret said...

Wow! I've always wondered if celebs actually appeared in their restaurants! Fantastic photo of both of you!!!
Your card is so sweet and I love the mix of patterns!!

Lisa Minckler said...

LOLOL....I couldn't believe my eyes when you sent me that text...hahahaha. How freaking cool is that!! :)
That restaurant is on our "to visit" list. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...