Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Assorted Card Folds Set 2



Before I start my post I have to apologize for neglecting my poor blog lately and my blog buddies. Life has been busy and spring fever hit me so I added cleaning out closets as well as my craft room. to my list of things to do. Good grief! It felt good to stop all of that, grab my Silhouette Cameo and start cutting these adorable cards out from The Cutting Cafe.    

This is the inside of the above card. I added another dp on the inside then used the negative from the oval to place my sentiment on. To finish I added a band of Flamingo Liquid Pearls around the edge. 

To create the 3 cards I'm sharing today I used Regina's Assorted Card Folds Set 2 - Template and Cutting File and a cutting machine. If you don't own a cutting machine that's fine because Regina always offers a PDF (print and cut) file with each set. There are 7 different styles in this set and they fit in an A2 size envelope which is great for mailing. 

I really love this particular style of flip card, it's a tri-panel and you'll see how I used the rectangle negatives on the next card. I added a dp to the front panel, pink cardstock on the next flap and my base is white cardstock. I'll be hand delivering this one to my hair stylist next week, she's expecting her first baby in late August which is only a few weeks away from my grandbaby's due date in September. Seems there will be a lot of babies born this year. :)

Here's a view of the inside, I added a striped dp to the base and right flap then stamped my sentiment and added a pocket punched with a MS Lace border punch to hold my gift card. 
   
Now you know what I did with those rectangle negatives-I corner punched them then layered together and stamped a sentiment in Archival's Aquamarine ink to match my papers. Opal White and Ocean Blue Liquid pearls add some visual interest and a simple bow finishes it. Oh, I did add a strip of the polka dot dp to the inside on the right side. Easy peasy!

The Cutting Cafe

I hope you'll give this set a try and you might be interested in the Assorted Card Folds Templates and Cutting File as well. All of the inspiration by the design team will be on TCC's blog tomorrow so be sure and check that out. If you leave a comment you'll automatically be entered to win 3 Free Sets from The Cutting Cafe. Winners will be announced on the April 21st DT post. 

Guess I better get back to cleaning, have a great day!
Lisa xx

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

what fun cards lisa, i simply can't pick a favorite....but I will say I love that baby card...so awesome my friend...hugs

Lisa Minckler said...

I know you already know this, but I am in love with this trio. As much as I really can't stand the heat of Summer (at all) I LOVE the colors that Spring and Summer bring out in projects. There's no bugs or sweat anywhere near these, so they totally inspire me and make me happy!!!
Big hugs to you my friend,
L2

Krista's Paper Cafe said...

Lovely cards. These are nice examples of the templates.
(cutting cafe d-team)

Sue Lelli said...

All so FAB! LOVE the variety and the liquid pearls!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...