Monday, May 2, 2016

April Incoming Pocket Letters and a Bonus


Happy Monday everyone!

Hope your week is off to a great start, ours is rainy here and has been off and on the past 3 days. My hubby managed to continue work on the deck in between the rain while also building the fence sections in his workshop when the weather wasn't cooperating. We were due to have the holes dug for the support posts but not sure that's going to come off today or not. ;)

I'm back to share the incoming pocket letters I received from my pals at Pocket Letter Pals plus the pl I was surprised with from a dear friend of mine. I should note there are two pl's that aren't making their debut in this post because they haven't arrived yet. I sent two of my April pl's out early due to my crazy schedule so they wouldn't be late and their pl's should arrive some time this week. I'll share them with the incoming pl's I receive in May. Okay, first up is a pocket letter I received that was a private group swap  at Pocket Letter Pals and my partner was Yamil (also known as ydoom30) from Puerto Rico. She saw on my profile that I like Graphic 45 and sent this gorgeous Creator' Choice pl to me. Now I've been on the fence about this collection because I'm more of a mountain type girl than beach however this is one collection I have to have lol. Since I decided to take close ups of the fabulous images I'll be sharing close ups of all of the incoming pl's today. 

The colors are simply stunning and she added metal gears and cogs to several of the pockets to enhance the images and it adds a steampunk feel  which I happen to love as well. :) More on the spine goodies in a minute...

You can see more gears on each of the two images and it's the color of this mermaid's hair that made me decide I have to have this collection. My DIL has red hair and she loves the beach so guess what I'll be making her birthday card with this September. ;)

I adore seahorses...I mean after all it's the male that becomes pregnant instead of the female. How cool is that! Check out the guy riding the fish, there's so much detail to this paper line. It's amazing! I also adore the pocket, on the pocket, she created and the gears. Haven't seen the one with the heart in the middle before. :) 

Love her strategically placed gear and the details on the paper are fabulous. This is a must have collection!

Now here is something really cool....Yamil placed sand from a local beach in Puerto Rico in the glass bottle and attached it to the spine along with stamps and ephemera from the collection. What an awesome souvenir, thank you so much Yamil. The black flecks in the sand are awesome and I can't imagine what that beach looks like. :)
I {heart} your pl so much!!!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Next up is a pl I received from my pal, Donna, in Indiana. It was a personal swap with us deciding on black and white with a pop of color. I love the trio of colors (black, white and khaki) she used on my pl and I actually have the same colors in my bedroom. :) 


I love each pocket Donna and to think you were worried about swapping. You nailed it lady!

I decided to do her close up as a collage so you can soak in the all of the details. The owls on the middle pocket are adorable and love the texture of the embossed paper. This is a fabulous pl Donna, thanks so much!

` ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

The third and final pl from a pal at PLP's is by Michelle (known as Mimi) from Rhode Island. Both of us like the vintage / shabby chic style so that's what we exchanged. 

Love the soft colors mixed with gray!


How sweet is this trio of vintage suitcases!

I am, my grandson is on the way. :)

This bloom is gorgeous and I can't wait to use it on a crafty project. 

Thanks Michelle for my wonderful shabby chic pocket letter. I love it and I'm looking forward to swapping again!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Now for the BONUS pocket letter I received from a dear friend, Lisa Minckler. This lady is an extraordinary crafter and I've been fortunate to create along side her on several design teams. In fact, it was for a current design team project that she made this pl. It was such a treat to receive and I'm absolutely thrilled that I get to look at it everyday. :)

It celebrates Mother's Day which is literally around the corner (can you believe that?). Honestly I don't know where April went...or March...or February...she doesn't either lol. Did I mention this is her very first pocket letter...crazy talented isn't she!

She has combined two of my favorite things - silhouettes and mason jars - together. :) Lisa used several cutting files from The Cutting Cafe as well as clear cardstock from The Cutting Cafe Shop. She has links to those products in her blog post in case you're interested. 

To see more close ups of her fabulous pocket letter please visit her wonderful blog You Made Me Ink.  I love my pocket letter and crafty goodies L2! Thank You!!!


Okay, that's a wrap. I'll be back later in the week with a mini album inside a mini album. Be sure to check back on Friday and in the meantime I hope you have a great week. 
Hugs,
Lisa 



1 comment:

Caroline D. said...

They are all so pretty! I was just thinking how cool it must be to have these all in an album.... just guessing you do that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...