Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Let Them Eat Cake

3 Tier Cake cutting file by The Cutting Cafe

Hi everyone! Welcome back to Adventures in Paperland and thanks for being here. :)
I'm sorry if you've been waiting for my Disney Mini Album page tutorial that was due to be up on Monday. With our travel plans the past two weekends and celebrating our 30th anniversary yesterday it's been kinda busy lately. I'll have a full step by step tutorial up on Friday, promise. 

Today's post features two of my favorite things in life - CAKE and Alice in Wonderland. I'm literally counting the days until Through the Looking Glass is in theaters on the 27th. I don't know whether it was actually Marie Antoinette that said "Let Them Eat Cake" but whoever did, I totally agree with them. In fact, Julia Child had it right when she said "A Party without Cake is just a Meeting". Cakes are simply what parties are all about!  I'm hosting a "Dadchelor" party for my son and DIL in July and I spent last Friday touring my way around Nashville and test driving cupakes and buttercream icing for the upcoming party. In the end it was decided that we'd have a multi-tiered cake stand with cake at the top surrounded by layers of sweet and savory cupcakes. I can't wait!! However, I don't recommend taste tasting sweet stuff all day while forgoing a regular lunch. I was nearly in a sugar coma by the time I got home lol. 


This sweet cake won't add inches to your waistline nor calories. It simply adds a sweet touch to any party decor or it can also function as a 3 tiered gift box or 2 or 1 depending on what you need. I glued my layers together but left the top layer where I can open the top of the box. This fall when my daughter turns 22 she'll find a pretty birthstone ring in it that I think she'll love. It will be her last year of college so it's kinda the last chance to really spoil her. She's done an amazing job keeping a near 4.0 GPA while achieving so many other accomplishments. We couldn't be prouder of her!

The scallop wrap on the middle layer is also included, along with 2 other wrap styles, in the cutting file. The paper flowers are in the file as well and I added yellow pearls to the centers and small flower bling along the bottom row. The bows were cut from The Cutting Cafe's - Tall Present Shaped Card Template...Cutting File.

Back View

The pearl band serves as decoration while also assisting to open the box easily from the top. My cake topper is a laser cut Alice from the Pork Chop Show at Etsy. She came in a set of six laser cut images and you'll be seeing more of Alice and her friends when I share an altered printer's tray project in July. The pretty paper flowers are part of the The Cutting Cafe's cutting file -3 Tier Cake - and there are various types and sizes included. 


To see all of the DT inspiration using this adorable cutting file view TCC blog on Saturday, May 21st. If you leave a comment on this post you'll automatically be entered to win 3 FREE template/cutting file sets from The Cutting Cafe. If you need any crafting supplies like clear stamps, paper pads, embellishments or kits be sure to visit our sister site - The Cutting Cafe Shop

I'll be back on Friday with the final installment of my Disney Mini Album.
Hope to see you then!
Lisa xx

1 comment:

Regina Easter said...

Wow...I'M SPEECHLESS....on another note KUDOS to your daughter 4.0 in college...that is quite the achievement. ...congrats

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...