Wednesday, June 15, 2016

May Outgoing Pocket Letters


Hi there!
 As promised I'm back to share the pocket letters I created for my pals at Pocket Letter Pals during May. There's so much going on in my personal life that I've cut back the number of pl's I'm making. Hopefully I can pick up the pace again in late July but for now I'm officially on a break at PLP's. 




The pocket letter above was made for my dear friend Katrin in Germany. She loves the beach so I surprised her with a beach themed pl! Originally I tried to create "real sand" however it rained for days on end and I couldn't get it to dry properly so I did the next best thing and grabbed some Jolee's Boutique stickers. Since I was going the sticker route I incorporated a few others and created 3 scenes-sun, sea and beach. So happy to say that she loves her pl and it put a smile on her face. :)




The next pl is steampunk themed and I made for my pal, Deb, in Maine. This is our second swap and I used one of my favorite Graphic 45 collections-Steampunk Debutante. Just for fun I fussy cut this hand holding a flying man in a weird contraption. The lady on the bottom middle row is ephemera from the collection and since she's looking up I thought it would look cool to have her looking up at him flying by. I added trim to the front of the pl that she can peel off and use for crafty projects plus 4 dogwood paper flowers as well. Washi tape was added to the spine to further enforce the steampunk theme.


I love this sassy lady!

Deb loves her pl which makes me happy!




Last but not least is a pl I did for a private group swap at PLP. It's for my swap partner, Sarah, in Ohio and our assigned theme was to use nine face and decorate each with a different theme. Now if you saw my post last week where I shared my Incoming Pocket Letters then you know that Sarah nailed the challenge. I didn't but I'm thrilled that she loves her pl and the various Graphic 45 papers I used on it. 



So all's well that ends well! 



Like I said I've had to cut way back on my pl's. My real life is crazy with two trips that are two weeks apart while I'm also preparing for my son and DIL's Parenthood Shower on July 9th. So far I've made the invitations, a project for the nursery my DIL requested, party decorations and of course we have to have a diaper cake. When I return from my trip I'll be busy decorating and preparing food so no rest for the weary lol. Did I mention that 99.9% of this has to be finished before I leave on the second trip? Yeah, my poor fur baby is feeling a bit neglected lately. :( I'll be sharing those projects in July after I return and rest up some. 

Have a great day everyone! 

Big Hugs,
Lisa

1 comment:

Peanut said...

My word! These look so much fun, Lisa.
x Asha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...