Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Autumn Blessings



Autumn is full of blessings and for our family we are expecting the best blessing of all, our first grandchild. Our grandson is due one week from today and this Mimi and Papa are so excited to welcome him into the world! We're also blessed that our DIL has experienced a healthy pregnancy and as time nears for his arrival we're praying for a safe delivery for both of them. I'm looking forward to seeing Jessica as a mommy because she was born to be one. :)

My card today is a design team project for The Cutting Cafe and it incorporates three fall templates...printable sets.


The front of my card features the top two and the last set was used on the inside. When I was shopping my stash I came across some old....I do mean old...autumn borders by K and Co. so I wanted to use those (at least once lol) and the glitter on them inspired me to add some sparkle to my acorn template. I downsized the acorn then cut it with my Silhouette, which by the way you do not have to own an electric cutting machine as all files come in PDF form as well, and cut it out. To add the sparkle I went over my acorn with a brown Wink of Stella glitter pen. I love those pens and white dots were added with a Sakura white gel pen. To wrap it up (ha ha pardon the pun) I used brown/white twine by Doodlebug. 

Here's the inside of my card


I printed the With Gratitude Printable Set onto parchment paper and used scattered straw Distress Ink around the edges.  Acorn border from K and Co. was added to the bottom and all that was left to do was adhere it to the base of my card. 


Be sure to check out all of the fabulous fall templates...cutting files...printable stamp sets here. There's more inspiration by the DT tomorrow on TCC blog so check that post out too!


The Cutting Cafe


Have a great day everyone and thanks for the visit!
Hugs,
Lisa

5 comments:

Regina Easter said...

Oh so exciting to be having your first grandchild really soon....this is such a beautiful card...love that acorn lisa....hugs

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely fall card Lisa - love that big acorn and wonderful fall colors! oongrats on the impending arrival of your first grand - such an exciting time for the whole family! Julia xx

Paper Profusion said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Lisa. Wishing your DIL safe delivery of new little bundle. How exciting for you all. Nicola x

Sue Lelli said...

Love EVERYTHING - the twine, the leaves, the acorn. The pumpkins! Pretty fab card!

Lisa said...

Congrats on the coming grandchild! This is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...