Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy Birthday Flip Book



Have you ever made a Flip Book? 
If not, I encourage you to give it a try as they are a lot of fun to make and give. You can visit You Tube or Pinterest and search flip books to see all of the various ways to create one. However I was lucky enough last summer to receive one from a dear friend and I used her book as inspiration for mine today. They're super easy to put together and if you have washi tape in your stash but never use it....well now you have a use for it. :)


On the cover I used Heidi Swapp ephemera from the Sugar Chic collection and ephemera from Webster's Pages Make a Wish collection. I added cardstock stickers, glitter ric rac trim and Thicker's alpha's in two fonts. 


When my friend opened her book this is the page spread she saw. I used a marker to spell her name on the balloons. On the left page I added a pocket  and gave her some decorative gift bags and doilies. A glitter bow, Heidi Swapp bow and star stickers are the decoration for this page. On the opposite page, which functions as a top loading page, I added more ephemera, Heidi Swapp stickers spell out 'for you' which indicates she has something tucked in the large pocket. ;) A 2" circle punch was used to make a notch at the top.


When you flip it this is the next set of pages, there are some stickers I gifted her in the pocket on the left page and the right page is purely decorative. That's a MAMBI chalkboard sticker on the left pocket and on the right I added - glitter butterfly and die cut hearts - some recent crafty happies gifted to me by my pocket letter pals. The Happy Birthday ephemera is from the WP collection which is really a terrific collection. I like it so much I went back to Hobby Lobby and purchased more, why not when you can always use their fabulous coupons. :)


When you flip the right page above you see the middle page and right page. The middle page has a pocket that holds some birthday tags which she can gift to another friend/pal. On the right page I have a place for a gift card and yes it's for coffee. My friend loves coffee so she'll enjoy her happy! The stamps - coffee cup and coffee love - were a gift from another pal of mine and I love them. {Thank You Katrin!} Heidi Swapp stickers - party and enjoy - carry on the birthday theme of my flip book.



When you flip the middle page down this is what you see. I used more ephemera on the bottom flap from Webster's Pages and there's a strip of fun washi tape on it. You can see that I used a circle punch again to create a notch at the top of my page, bottom when folded down. Edge borders are also a nice way to create some interest on your pages. If you click on the photo you can see that on the bottom flap I punched a candle border on the cupcake ephemera. I love adding little touches like this!


This page has a birthday note for my pal behind the Heidi Swapp ephemera. There's washi tape on every page and I loved using some of my stash. 


When the inside is fully opened up it looks like this. Love the great papers and ephemera in the Webster's Pages Make a Wish collection I picked up at Hobby Lobby recently. The cardstock dimensional stickers - candles and EAT CAKE - are by Crate Paper and they were a Tuesday Morning find. :) Celebrate is another Heidi Swapp sticker and I stamped some images on the balloon page as well. Seeing that my friend loves flowers I had to incorporate some of the pretty floral papers from the collection as well. After all, a girl deserves flowers on her birthday!


On the back I stamped a handmade stamp and signed it. 
I'm tickled pink that she loved it and the goodies I tucked inside. 

Playing Along With:

The basic construction for a flip book is easy and very soon I'll be sharing a tutorial for creating flip books on Snapguide. I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Thanks for checking out my first flip book! 
I'll be back tomorrow with a design team project for The Cutting Cafe.

See you then,
Lisa xx



3 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa this is a wonderful creation, love all the details.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Creativehobbit81 said...

This flipbook came out soooo beautiful. Love all the deatails and all the cute embellishments! It's a masterpiece- as all of your crafty pieces =) ♡♡♡

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa this is perfect for our 8th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...