Sunday, October 30, 2011

CSC63




I'm back today with a card that I am entering in the CASE Study Challenge #63, my first ever. I have enjoyed this challenge through blogs that I follow and it was the stamp set which current October Muse, Niki Estes, used that caught my fancy. I love roses, and sterling silver roses in particular, so everything just came together in a flash. I don't have the stamp set by PTI that Niki used on her stunning card but hopefully I will soon. HINT: Makes a great Christmas gift. I did remember this rose from my Taylored Expression's stamp set, New Beginnings, which she released earlier this year. Here's Niki's card which was our inspiration and it is simply stunning, I love everything about this card and it was a delight to CASE.





For my card I chose the color palette in the roses I love so much but anchored it with a deep purple. The background image is stamped with StazOn Metallic Silver, then I die-cut a Lacey Circle die and a Standard Classic Circle Large die by Spellbinders and popped those up with foam tape. I stamped a rose onto Choice Snow White paper in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copic's and then I sprinkled with "silver dust" thanks to a Sakura stardust clear pen. Ranger's Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls mock the stitched sewing  without bringing the sewing machine out and I popped the lilac base up with more foam tape to give me the dimension I was looking for. I finished it off with a silk polka dot ribbon with lilac and white to tie it all together and a few paper leaves to frame my rose.

A fun card and a great challenge that I look forward to participating in as a regular. Just love all the inspiration you find on the CASE Study blog and you can learn so much from CASE'ing the creative people who share their talents with all of us!

Have an awesome day!
~Lisa

Stamps: New Beginnings (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Avalanche (Bazzill), purple & lilac cardstock, silver mesh DP from my stash
Ink: StazOn Metallic Silver, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Lacey Circles & Standard Classic Circles Lg. (Spellbinders); Silver Pearl Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Stardust Clear Glitter Pen (Sakura); polka dot ribbon (TE store); Copic's-V12, V15, V17; Mulberry Paper Holly Leaves (Recollections)  

4 comments:

Mynnette said...

Oh, this is stunning! Purple is my favorite color--so this totally speaks to me! LOVE the use of silver!!! :)

CardArTart said...

love the purple,love the silver roses in the background. very nice :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Oh, wow, Lisa...your card is a fabulous CASE of Niki's card! I love the beautiful flower set atop that gorgeous paper! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Wow, great colours and stamping here! Definitely makes a statement :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...