Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Adore Paris Mini Album



Hi there, I'm back today to share a few of the pages in my mini album. This project was created for Moxie Fab World's "Map to Your Heart Challenge" and it was a lot of fun to make. The dh and I are map people, he loves to read them and I love to collect globes so it's a match made in heaven. ;)

The photo above is my first page and I used MME dp's from Lost & Found which I absolutely love. On this one I cut a dp which featured the "star" of Paris, the Eiffel Tower, and gave it the aged look with Vintage Photo distress ink. A recently purchased scrapbooking kit yielded the die cut postcard & clear stamps and a stamped ticket, fleur de lis, and ribbons complete the page. I plan to record our impressions on the postcard and include a photo. Page two is below...





For this page I used a journal tag, die cut image and more clear stamps from the kit plus another dp from MME in a pretty pink shade. The journal tag, ribbon & rose trim complete this one and it was also aged with Vintage Photo. I'll use this page to record our fave restaurants and bistros and it naturally begged for a Bon Appetit stamp. Every time I hear that expression I can't help but think of Julia Child and how much she loved Paris. Miss you Julia! Page three is below...




A brown crochet trim and yellow polytwill ribbon separate the two coordinating dp's by MME and a die cut Parisian label from the kit takes center stage. A clear stamp of the tower is all that I added and it leaves room for photos and souvenirs. Now if I could only arrange a viewing of the Eiffel Tower like the one Fred Claus and his gal had in the movie, Fred Claus, it would be total perfection. ;)

Thanks for taking a peek and I'd like to welcome my new followers, Maggie and Jeanne, to my blog. Also, many thanks to all of you who've left sweet comments for me. Your encouragement and support means the world to me and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Have a wonderful day and I'll be back tomorrow with more pages and in case you missed the beginning of my album, which featured the front & back covers, you can click here to see those.
~Lisa

Stamps: Ticket stamp by T!m Holtz (Stampers Anonymous-Playful Journey), Bon Appetit (MFT-Sentimental About Food)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa & Vintage Photo Distress Ink (T!m Holtz)
Paper: Chipboard and MME Lost & Found
Accessories: Destinations Scrapbooking Kit (PS)-die cuts and clear stamps; Vintage Findings fleur de lis & brown crochet trim (Hobby Lobby); polka dot & yellow polytwill ribbon (TE); rose trim (May Arts); cherished memories twill ribbon (Paper Wishes)

3 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

OMGosh...I'm getting soooooo excited for this trip!! I can hardly wait (for you to go)!!!! :D

These are wonderful pages!!

Margaret said...

These are amazing! They're almost too pretty to cover up with pictures! I love that you've already planned some of the pages! Now you'll just need to settle on the pictures to use!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful Lisa! Great use of the pretty patterned paper and ephemera!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...