Wednesday, December 21, 2011

I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm Late....


Hi everybody, has Christmas panic set in yet??? I could be stressed but I "choose to happy" as my darling husband always says. I just sent my troops off to do the last minute grocery shopping while I stay home and finish up a few loose ends. :-) Earlier today I finished making my dd's Web Password book that is long overdue. This is a great gift idea for those who use the internet and create user names and passwords.



For her book I used Graphic 45's Hallowe'en in Wonderland dp's and stamps by Crafty Secrets. I stamped some of her favorite characters on Choice Buttercream and used T!m's distress inks to age the paper a bit. Then I colored the images, sans sentiment, with Prismacolor pencils and fussy cut them out. After adhering my dp's I glued a purple ribbon to the left side and across to separate the coordinating dp's and tied an orange ribbon to a clock charm and glued in place while adding a little sparkle with an orange fiber ribbon. One of the dp sheets is full of miniature cards so I cut one out that features Alice with a "Drink Me" bottle and attached with more glue. I placed tiny alpha's by Cosmo Cricket along the left side to create "web passwords" and I dressed up the back with more dp's and a stamp of Tweedle Dee-Dum. The inside front & back covers feature "ads" from a dp in the 8x8 paper pad and I stamped the "For You" image from the same stamp set. I colored it with Copics and glued to inside front cover. I used Cinch chipboard, black binding wire and a Cinch binding machine to create this book. Being the fan of Alice that she is I know she'll love it! Here's a few more snaps of the inside covers and download sheets. If you like this project check out Taylor's You Tube video in which she shares how to create this fun gift for the holidays.









Thanks for stopping by and for all of the wonderful comments you've left me! Each one is sincerely appreciated and I hope to have more blog browsing time now that the shopping and wrapping is over for another year. :-)
~Lisa

Stamps: Greetings from Wonderland (Crafty Secrets)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Antique Linen & Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks (T!m Holtz)
Paper: Hallowe'en in Wonderland (Graphic 45), cs
Accessories: Web Passwords Download (Taylored Expressions); chipboard, binding wire, Cinch binding machine (We R Memory Keepers); Tiny Type Alpha's (Cosmo Cricket); clock charm (Explorer by Traditions); ribbons (Hobby Lobby); Prismacolor Pencils; Copic markers; Zip Dry Paper Glue (Beacon Adhesives); X-Press IT tape (TE store)

3 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

GENIUS idea!!! Great minds must think alike. I was just thinking about this idea the other day and combining it with some pages in the back for next year's Christmas ideas. Always forget to jot those down and then I am in panic mode at the worst times...the last minute!
LOVE this AIW for your dd...it's magical. :)
HUGS to you....
L2 in MO

Amy Sheffer said...

What a fantastic gift idea! Love the G45 papers -- so playful and fun! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, too!

Margaret said...

Awesome gift idea! Who couldn't use one of these and it sure beats the scrap paper I'm always searching for...
The Alice theme is wonderful and I loved scanning through all of the wonderful images on the cover! Your DD is going to love this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...