Thursday, April 5, 2012

Letting go...




I'm back with a card I made for my son who enlisted in the U. S. Army last fall and on the 15th ships out for basic training. I wanted him to know how proud I am and that I am humbled, truly, by his willingness to serve. In fact, I appreciate every man and woman who serves in our armed forces and the families that stand behind them. There's just something about the unpredictability of military life that always has you on the edge of your seat. It has a way of making you appreciate life and the time you have with your loved ones. I will miss him more than I can say but I also want him to be happy and enjoy his life. The selfish part of me wants to keep him close forever but that isn't what is in his best interest and so I pray for the strength to let go gracefully.

On this card I used Verve's American Hero stamp set and it has wonderful patriotic sentiments and accents. I wanted a red, white and blue theme which I carried out with ink, markers, twine, and pearls. I based my card on the CardPositioningSystems 259 sketch and it is my first time to play along with this challenge. They offer inspiring sketches so it won't be my last, that's for sure. To enforce the patriotic theme I embossed the red and blue panel with Taylored Expressions Stars Impression Plate and I distressed the blue panel while the red was outlined with a blue Spica atyou pen. The sentiment was stamped with Memento's Lady Bug ink and the coordinating frame was stamped with Memento's Paris Dusk ink. I used Ranger's Xmas Red Stickles for the center of the stars and a trio of red Kaisercraft pearls accent two of the corners. The arrow was traced from a template and a red Spica atyou marker accents it while the Doodlebug Lady Bug twine ties my colors together in a fun way. This was a fun sketch to work with and here's a photo of sketch #259.





That's all for me today, thanks for stopping by and I hope each of you have a wonderful day!
Lisa

6 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

What a great card for your hero, your son! My heart is with you Lisa, as well as my thoughts and prayers. I thank your son for his service, you must be very proud!

Margaret said...

This is one fantastic card! Your son seems like such a special young man (must get that from his mother!) and we will keep him and your family in our prayers! Hugs to you!

Patrice said...

Great patriotic card...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week.

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

Arnoldo L. Romero said...

May God bless America, and especially all our men and women in the military. Blessings!

Unknown said...

What a lovely card Lisa you must be so proud of your son Hugs Elaine

Mona Pendleton said...

What a perfect Patriotic card Lisa! God Bless your son for serving in the military ~ that is such a selfless act! Love the embossed background! Happy Easter :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...