Sunday, July 1, 2012

Have a SMASHing Good Day!


I'm so glad you dropped by today! Recently I ordered a few SMASH books because I love the concept behind them. It's a fun, quick way to preserve all the bits and pieces you've collected through the years such as concert & movie tickets, park passes, programs, etc.. Haven't heard of smashing? Check out K & Co./EK Success's site to learn more and watch their video. SMASH books also make a great visual journal to record all your fave things!




To personalize my cover I gathered some of my favorite products and customized it to suit my taste. This is the wedding book which will record "our beginning" as a married couple through present day. I'll be sharing some pages with you soon and more SMASH covers. :)

I'm entering this in a *new to me* challenge Crafty Creations Challenge: Embellish It # 176. We were asked to use at least three different embellishments on our card/project. Lace, paper roses, pearls, and brads were all suggestions and I also added wood die-cuts and alphabet tiles to my cover.
   


Hope you are enjoying your weekend,
Lisa xx
Supplies:
Spellbinders Twisted Metal Tags & Dies & Flower Creations, pink paper roses (Recollections); aqua flowers (Got Flowers/Prima); wood die-cut butterfly (Studio Calico); chunky pink glitter (Doodlebug); Karlee Chipboard Alphabet & Paper Girl Sticker Market-the two of us (Girls Paperie); clear sticker (Flea Mkt.-Colorbok); aqua flowers (Got Flowers-Prima); aqua lace (Maya Road); Expressions Wood Shop-Timber, Alphabet Black rub ons, Vintage Vogue Spool Buttons & Ephemera (Pink Paislee); Bliss & Pink Pearls (Kaisercraft); Flamingo Liquid Pearls (Ranger); Swirling Lace border punch (MS)

9 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

Looks lovely and a great idea. I've not ventured to a Smash book, yet!. Elaine

Sue Lelli said...

OOOH, Lisa! I LOVE this! I, too bought a SMASH book and think it is a FAB concept. LOVE how you decorated it!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Lisa! Love the mix of colors and the shimmery winged butterfly!

Lisa Minckler said...

Would it be too much of a pun to say that your book looks smashing??? L1, I've seen many of these and I'll be honest, yours is the prettiest one YET! The design you've created and the inviting colors just entice you to want to dive right in and see all the wonderful memories. It's truly a gorgeous project. Can't wait to see more pages. :)
p.s. Your tag for the "other" is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fun book! Love love love the color scheme, and all the embellies!

Anonymous said...

smashing great idea I have yet to get my head round these books but with all the inspiration I am looking forward to seeing from you I might just jump into getting one! great job! hugs me xx

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Lisa
My buddie Lisa M has stole my thunder, in stating that this is the prettiest smash page around, most are inky and arty all beautiful in their own right, but you have brought it down a notch to suit your needs and it is just gorgeous, I love the butterfly with the date stamped on top, that is a great idea.
Smiles:)
Sue

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Lisa, Your smash book is amazing. I love the pretty colors - and all the pretty details you included. The flowers, your lettering. Like a collage of so many good things that go together beautifully - a real treat for the eyes!

Margaret said...

Love how you dressed this up and made it so personal! My oldest DD loves using her smash book and it helps me with the mountain of stuff I have saved to eventually scrapbook! At least it gets documented somewhere!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...