Thursday, October 11, 2012

Flap Book, Part 2






Hello and welcome! I was due to post this yesterday but the day simply got away from me, sorry. I'm posting pictures of the photo/journal mats I made for my flap book project above. You can click here to see my tri-fold pages using Bo Bunny's pretty Country Garden paper collection. I was playing along with the CR84FN64 Color Challenge  and I did not include these because some of the papers incorporate orange and pink which were not part of the challenge colors. Most of the photo/journal mats fit into pockets, underneath the left and right side, and were easy to create by adhering double sided tape to three sides of my designer paper. I love doing this because its almost like a treasure hunt when you start going through the book and discovering all the hidden stuff inside. ;) Okay, lots of photos so let's get started.


First flap page, the banner is a cut out by MME & I
used pages from SMASH pads as a way to record
& personalize this flap book.


First top loading photo mat front view

Back View

Journal mat with MFT File Tab die

Photo mat with MFT File Tab die

Second flap page with pocket created from a cut out
from the paper pack. More SMASH sheets for
recording personal info.


Second top loading photo/journal mat front view

Back View

Photo/Journal mat on second flap page

Third flap page with a die cut tag  by Verve and I created
a side pocket using paper from the collection.

Third top loading photo/journal mat with dp by Glitz's
Afternoon Muse.



Back view with Bo Bunny paper.

More pretty paper from the collection and a MFT File
Tab die.

Cut out from the paper collection which
will make a great place to journal.

Photo mat that coordinates with the cut out on the third
tri-fold page of my flap book. Note: the file tabs were
added to make it easier to pull the photo/journal mats out
from underneath the pages. 


I hope you enjoyed this project and that it inspires you to create your own book to record those special times & memories. Thanks for dropping by and enjoy the rest of your day!
Hugs,
Lisa
 

9 comments:

Janny Jager said...

This is beautiful Lisa
Love it.

Greetings Janny

Words and Pictures said...

My goodness, Lisa, this is a real labour of love - every single mat and page and tag is beautifully thought out, and they all blend and tone together so brilliantly, in terms of colours and images. It's going to be so treasured! Beautiful work...
Alison x

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, LOVED seeing the rest of the book! A LOT of work and LOVE and creativity went into these pages! Would really like to see it when you have journaled and added pics to it! FAB project!

Sandie said...

Love it Lisa, you'll have fun adding all your personal details to your booklet.....

Jeanne J. said...

So beautiful Lisa! Love the papers and the pretty colors and all the little extras you put together - another treasure to be adored forever!

Donna said...

Wow, what an absolutely gorgeous project! I would love to have a go at one of these. Donna x

Anonymous said...

That's really interesting. Thanks for posting all the great information! Had never thought of it all that way before.

Shannon White said...

Wow Lisa your Book sure turned out Fabulously! Loved seeing the rest of it! Super Pretty dp's and lovely embellies! Just Wonderful Lady! 8-)

Margaret said...

So glad you shared the rest of this wonderful album with us! I love the idea of the SMASH journaling prompts and every page is more beautiful than the one before!
I always wanted Lisa M to adopt me, but now I'm thinking you can adopt me too! One can never have too many sisters!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...