Saturday, December 28, 2013

Just Another Day in Paradise

 
 
***ANYTHING GOES***
 
That's our new challenge at The Squirrel and The Fox and we hope you'll join us. Congrats to our Winner and Top 3 of our Christmas or Hanukkah challenge!
 
It's finally here, my last DT post for The Squirrel and The Fox of 2013. What a year this has been for me and my family. Frankly, I'm glad it's over and I'm looking forward to a happier year in 2014. I relished creating with this image, Ocean Paradise, by our current sponsor **Sweet and Sassy Stamps**. Watching the sun set over water, whether it's at a beach or the lake I live by, is a favorite pastime for me. I also love watching the moon dance on the water. :-)
 
 
 
 
I created my sunset hues with Distress Inks by Ranger-squeezed lemonade, dried marigold, wild honey and festive berries. I brought the ink downward to reflect the colors of the sunset on the water and the rest of the image was colored with Copic markers. A wonderful sentiment - Pearls of Wisdom - by My Favorite Things sets the tone for this peaceful card. My inspiration was the crystal water of the Caribbean and the gorgeous beaches I've been lucky enough to visit there. I hear them calling my name...




SPONSOR
 
 
 
Prize is winner's choice of 4 free digi's!
 
 
 
For more inspiration check out what my teamies created to inspire you by clicking HERE or their links in my right sidebar. I want to take a moment and thank the wonderful ladies on our design team for another great year. It seems this year has been a rough one for a lot of us and having the support of friends helps make the difficult times a little easier. Thank You!!
 
Also, a big thank you to everyone who has read my blog or left a comment. It means a lot to me and I haven't properly thanked you this year. I've been remiss to visit your blogs in a timely manner and so many other things were pushed back due to what was happening in my life at the time. I do hope you'll forgive me and I promise to be more prompt in 2014 when visiting/commenting. You inspire me so much and I cherish the friendships I've made along my crafty way! I've also missed my first two blogaversary's, can you believe it? That means you guys are due for a blow-out candy this year, maybe even two so be on the lookout. ;)
 
Have a very Happy New Year's and may God Bless You in 2014!
 
Hugs,
Lisa xx 


8 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa this is just stunning with awesome colouring and how true is the sentiment.
{I would love you to take part in my 300,000 Page View Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Pia S said...

The colors of this card look fantastic and they blend together so beautifully. A peaceful and relaxing scene well done!

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Lisa! Such a beautiful beach scene! Wishing you and your family a Happy New Year!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - the sunshine just sizzles off the card... take me there now, please!!

Hope you're enjoying your Christmas time, and wishing you a wonderful 2014!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

I love your card & wish I were there right now...

Hope 2014 brings you all good things!!
It will be better than 2013!! :))


Nicole’s Craft Nook
Nicole’s Valentine’s Day BLOG Candy

Peanut said...

Happy New Year, Lisa! I hope 2014 is like your card - sunshine, blue skies and happiness. Lovely card!
hugs, Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Lisa Minckler said...

Holy wow...I love this card SOOOO much!!!! Hope you're enjoying yourself..... :D
HUGS!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE this card! That sentiment is just Perfect and your coloring is Fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...