Friday, August 29, 2014

By The Sea Collection Folio





Hi everyone!
I'm back to share a super fun project using Tim's Collections Folio and Compass Blueprint stamps and framelits. I received the stamp and framelits set as my prize for being a winner (in June) of Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 which makes it extra special to me. All participants of CC3C are working from Tim's Compendium of Curiosities 3 book and are asked not to share the techniques out of respect for Tim. I can share my process with you so here goes. 

  Header
Purchase your own autographed copy of CC3 here!

I love the By The Sea collection by Graphic 45 and used it exclusively to decorate my folio.
You can see the stamp and framelits set on my front cover.

I die cut the layers and popped them up with foam tape.

I stamped the compass image on ivory cardstock and colored it with Distress Markers. Then I went over the entire image with walnut stain distress ink to age it.

This is the "spine" of the folio and it has three tabs but I wanted more so I folded it to get six instead. I secured it with double stick tape and covered the edges with paper.

This is how it looks when you open it, there are two flaps that fold out and both are decorated with paper and I added a strip of paper across so I could slide in journaling tabs from the same collection. On the left page I fussy cut a mermaid and sailboat and I used borders to create a pocket. The tag is a #8 manila tag by Ranger and I covered both sides with paper and added two Idea-ology tickets held in place by a mini clip. 

The papers in this collection are SO pretty!
I'm rushed for time so I don't have close ups of the tags/pages I created for the center page but hopefully I can edit this and add some over the weekend. 

Another fun border was added to the flap.


Inspiration Emporium
iegc50
One lucky winner will receive this fantastic prize!


I'm off to get this linked up before I miss the challenge altogether. It's been a crazy week but those of us in the US are about to get a nice break with a three day weekend. I certainly hope everyone enjoys their holiday and stays safe. Also, I want to thank the Curiosity Crew for choosing my Faded Layers card as the winner of challenge #8. What a thrill! 

Thanks for looking today!
Lisa xx

10 comments:

Candy C said...

Oh my holy guacamole, Lisa! This By The Sea folio is brilliant! I so love those papers and all of the beautiful graphics! You've done a magnificent job of utilizing them to perfection on each of your flipouts, tags and pages. Love your use of the framelits, too. Absolutely beautiful work! Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Scrap all'Alba - by Silvana said...

very nice and wonderful colors !!

Marjie Kemper said...

This is fabulous, Lisa! Love how you used the Framelits this way. Your folio's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at CC3C!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

WOW oh WOW!!! LOVE the front and the insides! Gorgeous use of the compass rose! Love this! Thanks so much for playing along with us on this Stamps & Framelits challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Pia S said...

Whoa!!! This looks fantastic, Lisa! I love everything nautical, and what a fab vibrant color scheme you've used here!

Donna said...

Gorgeous card! I just discovered these papers too and posted my first card with them.

Peanut said...

Oh my word! What a stunner, Lisa. I am a great fan of all things nautical and that is a super fab colour combo. WOW!
hugs, Asha

*Vicki* said...

WOW! This project is amazing! Love the images and the papers go perfectly with everything! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*
My Blog: Stamp Smiles

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness! This is absolutely gorgeous! I am loving the papers and embellishing!

Sue Lelli said...

This is just AMAZING, Lisa! Every page and detail is just a treat to behold!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...