Front cover of my 12 Tags of 2014 book.
I hope all of you are enjoying the fall season as much as I am. With the cooler temps and beautiful foliage everywhere it's hard to stay indoors. :)
Before I share my project I'd like to thank the Curiosity Crew for choosing my tag as their pick for the Distress Phototinting challenge. It was sentimental to me so it meant even more to be chosen.
Thank you ladies!!! xx
The current challenge is Worn Cover and I've been waiting for it as well. Why?
In May I decided to join Tim's 12 Tags of 2014 Challenge and this book is perfect for storing my tags. Even though I didn't participate the first four months I made tags for those months as well. You always learn something new with Tim's fabulous techniques. :)
If you haven't joined in the CC3C fun yet it's not too late, click here for your autographed copy of Tim's Compendium of Curiosities 3 book. A new challenge starts tomorrow!
No technique this time so we are free to share our entire alteration process.
I used the Composition Worn Cover and started by adding some texture using Tim's Doily layering stencil and...
Studio 490's silver metallic embossing paste. Spread it over the cover with a palette knife and carefully lift to reveal this stunning image. The embossing paste dries with a shiny finish and reminds me of an old tin ceiling.
(By the way, this stuff spreads like butter. Gotta love that!)
The back side of my cover.
I cut two strips of paper from Tim's Wallflower Paper Stash dp (for the front and back) then inked both with worn lipstick and tumbled glass Distress Ink. I liked the colors so I rubbed them on my textured surface as well and the fabric underneath grabs and holds the color.
A scalloped Industrial Sticker Border was added to the front and back. These stickers look like metal and add to my tin ceiling theme I have going on. Tim's Ornate Frame was die cut using his Vintage Shabby Paper Stash collection (an oldie but a goody) and I also chose a pretty pink dp from it to use as the base for my stamped butterfly image. The stamp is part of the Butterfly Melange set and seems to be a favorite of Mr. Holtz. I love it too! The metal numbers were altered with Distress Paints (black soot and antique linen) and Glossy Accents doubles as my glue for adhering them.
The inside panels were covered with this dp from the Vintage Shabby Paper Stash collection and a Ring Binder was attached with Tim's trim. I finished it off with a narrow Industrial Sticker Border at the top and bottom.
My original thought was to alter Tim's Letterpress alpha's and put them on the front cover. I couldn't get the placement right so changed course and placed them on the spine instead. ;)
They were altered with Distress Paint (antique linen, spun sugar, tumbled glass, black soot, silver) and connected with Screw Eyes and Jump Rings.
I secured the "T" with Glossy Accents and the rest are free to dangle. The front cover was finished with an Ornate Book Plate, Label Letters and Newsprint alpha set (altered with antique linen Distress Paint). A dazzle butterfly was colored with Distress Markers (spun, sugar, worn lipstick, tumbled glass) and placed in the upper right corner.
My book will rest on an easel so the alteration on the back was kept to a minimum.
Page Pockets Tags are great for protecting my tags and I can easily flip through my book and remember what fun I had creating them. There are 6 in a package so I placed my tags back to back.
The last thing I did was to add a Custom Knob with the clock image. It represents time I spent in 2014 studying and learning from the creative genius, Tim Holtz.
This challenge is sponsored by the Inspiration Emporium
and they are offering a generous prize to one lucky winner.
All of the products used to decorate my Worn Cover are from Tim's Idea-ology product line and you can find them by clicking the IE link. Happy Shopping!
Thanks for the visit today!
Have a great weekend, wherever you are!