Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Vintage Pocket Letter




I'm popping in to share a vintage pocket letter I created for a Pocket Letter Pal in Memphis, TN. The primary focus was vintage with some shabby chic and retro touches. Our color scheme was black, cream with pale pink and a touch of aqua. I think I nailed the theme because my pal absolutely loved it which totally thrilled me.

I have a few close ups for you as well as a peek at the goodies I stuffed in the back of the pockets.

My pal, Susan, loves all things Parisian so I included a laser cut wood Eiffel Tower. It's decorated with pearls and she can leave it on the pocket or use it for crafting. The rose pin (far left pocket) is from Pink Paislee's Sweetness collection. I included a Bo Bunny mini envelope with a note for my pal and some additional ephemera.

The second row is an ode to all things retro and I used ephemera from Pink Paislee's Vogue collection. The Prima paper clip says "dear" and again she can use it or leave it on her pocket letter.
I always dress up the left side of my pl's and this one has washi tape, a vintage button (shown) and a Girls Paperie metal charm that says "take the time to laugh" plus some pretty ribbon.

The lovely lady is a Pink Paislee Vogue chip and I placed it on a dictionary book page which I zipped up with Martha Stewart's doily border punch. A Prima bling center was placed on the pleated Stampin' Up ribbon and the sewing machine ephemera is from Pink Paislee as well. The vintage bling brads are by The Paper Studio and all of the soft pink blossoms are flower stickers by Jolee. 

A personal fav of mine is the Parisian themed pocket.
I layered two Prima papers then added a photo strip by Echo Park, a rose sticker, elegant lace trim and a handmade stamp I created with ephemera from Echo Park and a EK Success postage border stamp. 

Also, I like to add a personal touch about my pals so I included a Girls Paperie "S" alpha tile since my pals name is Susan. I had some leftover bling from a Prima flourish which I added to the pink blossom and I fashioned a pearl necklace as well to add to the PP Vogue chip lady. Pocket letters are stored in 3-ring binders so she'll be able to use all of the goodies on the left for crafting or creating more letters. :)


For the back I tucked in goodies which I thought she would enjoy.

Pink blossoms which I used on the front, satin blossoms by Melissa Frances, Tim Holtz clips and pins, stickers, ephemera, tags and washi tape, plus a selection of lace and per the PLP guidelines a packet of tea. The bottom middle pocket holds a letter about me for my pal which is also a PLP recommendation.


This one wasn't for a group swap like most of mine are, actually she contacted me about doing a personal swap and I'm so glad we did. I'll be sharing all of my October incoming pocket letters at the end of the month and next week I'll have 3 outgoing Halloween themed pl's to share with you here on my blog. 

Before I go I also want to thank everyone who wished my daughter here and on FB a happy birthday. We celebrated all weekend long and you can catch up by clicking my Instagram icon. We had a blast!

Have a wonderful day, wherever you are. 
See you Friday with a mixed media art journal page.
Lisa xx

7 comments:

Caroline D. said...

How pretty this is!! I've seen your other fantastic pocket pages on facebook recently and since this one popped up while I was actually on my laptop instead of the phone, I wanted to visit your blog for a better look. The pocket pal swap sure does look fun!

Lisa Minckler said...

Goodness sake, L1...these get more and more amazing every time! I am absolutely excited each time you post one of these. They truly are little bits of artwork that no doubt awe me. These are GORGEOUS!!!
Big hugs,
L2

Chrissy said...

What a gorgeous project Lisa..each and every pocket is fabulous and the little treasures behind each one are wonderful..fabulous project.

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

Wow Lisa, this is exquisite and you have one very luck buddy for sure. That really must have been a labour of love, such beautiful little cards and scrummy goodies too xx

Words and Pictures said...

This is an absolute delight, Lisa - what fantastic detailing in each pocket - lovely ice cream colours and fabulous embellishing. I can just imagine the joy this will bring when it arrives.
Alison xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh my shabby goodness! This is just so beautiful, delicate and feminine! Gorgeous, my friend! xx

Pia S said...

You had quite a few criterias to follow, but you solved this task so well, so many wonderful details. The Eiffel Tower piece especially caught my attention, as did the lady piece, beautiful work.,

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...