Monday, August 25, 2014

A Blog Hop With a Difference and a Bohemian Bazaar Planner

Front Cover
(I added a Prima wood clock, Donna Downey poppy, Tim Holtz alpha's and Webster's Pages trim)

Front and Back Cover

Back Cover


Welcome!!!
As promised I'm back with my second planner using The Cutting Cafe's Planner Set and I'm also participating in The Blog Hop With a Difference. The talented Regina Easter, owner/designer of The Cutting Cafe, asked me a few weeks ago to participate and I was happy to. She is a very talented and generous lady and I'm having the time of my life as a new member of her design team. Be sure to check out the amazing cutting files, templates and printable stamps she offers. :) 

Participants are asked to answer a few questions about our creative styles...

1. What am I working on? Planners, lots of them. When the first one posted a week ago I received several texts/calls/requests so guess what everyone is getting for Christmas lol. Also, have several Tim Holtz inspired projects going on with holiday themes and I'm playing catch up on my Document Life Planner pages. It has been a busy summer!!!

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre? This is hard to answer because I don't think I have a genre. Variety is the spice of life and I like all sorts of crafting styles. ;)

3. Why do I write/create what I do? The majority of what I make is given away to those I love or to charities/organizations. I do it because it gives me pleasure and I've also found crafting to be very therapeutic, especially the past year and a half. My hubby and I lost 3 parents within 11 months and it was rough, crafting kept my sanity intact and helped me work through the grieving process in a positive way.  

4. How does your writing/creating process work? While I'd like to say that I am a neat and tidy crafter that would be a lie. I've tried to be neat but it actually shuts me down creatively. I drag everything out and usually end up with piles on either side of my desk. As for planning, not too much. I'm a "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of gal and let spontaneity take me where it goes.

Now it's my turn to ask two ladies to join in this fun blog hop and I've nominated Shirley-Anne of  Stamping For Joy who will be sharing a post with you next Monday and Asia King of Under a Creative Spell who posted here last Monday. It's a bit out of order I know but we both contacted each other asking the other to participate and this is how it worked out. Be sure to pay both of these incredible ladies a visit and have a look around their blogs to take in all of their crafty talent. 

Are you ready for more pictures of my planner? 
Here ya go... 

I used a 2" 3-ring binder for this planner as well. 

Inside Front Cover with a pocket for "stuff"
(I used G45's Bohemian Bazaar paper collection for the outside and inside covers)

Inside view of my planner featuring 1 of the 6 Assorted Cover pages offered in the file.

Inside back cover

close up of the Assorted Cover page
(I added a strip of G45 paper to the bottom and cut outs)

Regina includes tabs for each organization category.

Personal Info and Important Numbers pages
(I formatted this planner a bit differently. I used double stick tape to adhere sheets together so they would face each other and you'll see this throughout. Note: punch your pages first then place your tape.)

Special Dates pages to record special occasions.

Love that you can see the entire month at a glance and the section for Notes.

This is a pocket page that is in the Planner Set file. I dressed it up with dp's by MME, added some cut outs and remnant rub ons by Tim Holtz.

More cut outs and MME paper.

same here

and here

added a brad to this journaling tab so it swivels

more cut outs and the fancy blue/white trim is by Webster's Pages

another remnant rub on

I picked up this small SMASH pocket at Michaels and added a remnant rub on to the bottom of it.

September is the birth month of my son and DIL plus their anniversary is on the 29th. Since this planner is for them I thought they'd like to have some photo frames for the pictures they'll take on their annual birthday/anniversary trip. I added remnant rub ons to the frames and below the camera for fun and that's a Kaisercraft sentiment rub on at the top. 

more cut outs and MME paper

the bird and the saying are both remnant rub ons, added a journaling cut out to the pocket

more remnant rub ons and a cut out jar 


I originally planned to share additional organizers from the Planner Set file in this post but since this post is so long I think I'll share the address book tomorrow and the Menu Planner within the week. My third planner will debut the 2nd of September and it's my personal planner so I'm eager to share it with you. 

Thanks for your visit today and I hope you're encouraged to give the Planner Set a try!
I also want to thank Regina for asking me to participate in the blog hop!!

See you tomorrow!
Lisa xx



8 comments:

Julia Aston said...

This is SO fun Lisa! Love the bright colors and designs of your papers - what a great journal!

*Vicki* said...

WOW!! This is such an amazing project Lisa!! Love the bright colors!! :) HUGS

Sarah said...

Wowsers Lisa, you should have put out a sunglasses warning!! Such beautiful papers and a brilliant project xx

Pia S said...

You will make many people ahoy giving these personalized planners as Christmas gifts. Nice reading about you too. I'm totally with you, crafting helps keeping sanity when life is hard,

Regina Easter said...

o m GEEZERSSSSSSSSSSSS this is so pretty...i am loving those colors and thanks for the sweet words ....i am in awe of your work and so love having you on the team my friend...hugs

Shirley-Anne said...

A planner ..well it seems to me to be more a fun book in the making . Will certainly be some memory moments to relive at the end of the year . Love the papers and add ons through out the book .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fantastic planner Lisa! Great selection of papers and elements. Staying organised with such a cool planner will be a real joy! :) xx

Margaret said...

OK I seriously am totally in love with this one! The papers are so fun and happy and ohhh the pockets and tabs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...