Friday, November 4, 2011

Fall Pumpkins


Hi everybody, I'm back today with my 3D pumpkins and an apology for not posting as I said I would on Tuesday. These are so easy to make and love that they can be customized based on your home decor. I gained inspiration by visiting Lisa M's blog, a blog buddy of mine, and she offers a fabulous tutorial on how to make them. Not to mention she is really funny and very talented so please check out her blog, You Made Me Ink, for more details. I did see these on Sankari W's blog as well and I love the DP she used so I did too. The papers are from MME's Mabel Papers in the Stella Rose Collection and this is one of my favorite paper pads, ever.

Here are a few individual close-ups of my pumpkins.....
 



I plan to make a set for my dining room to match my colors of black, red and cream but for now these are going in my great room. If I get some serious crafting time this weekend I'd love to make a few sets for my in-laws and my sister in Wyoming. In case I haven't told ya my big sis, Cyndy, is the reason I got into cardmaking. She'd send handmade cards that were little works of art and we'd ooh and aah over each one. They were such a treat to receive that my daughter and I decided to start making cards ourselves and we haven't looked back. She was our original source of inspiration and just thought I'd share that today. BTW, can't wait to see what she is making me for Christmas as she has teased me for weeks now, not nice Cynthia. :-( Hehehe!

Have a great weekend and please share if you've made pumpkins of any sort before. After all, variety is the spice of life!!
~Lisa

Stamps: Mindscape Maple Leaf (Inkadinkadoo), Distressed Leaf 02 & Maple Leaves (Stampabilities)
Paper: DP from Mabel Papers (MME/Stella Rose Collection), cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa & Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Orange Peel Stickles (Ranger); brads; Natural Raphia, Olive & Orange Wraphia (Berwick)

1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

Everyone says it's not good to procrastinate, but I'm so glad I put off dinner for a few a more minutes, because...THEY'RE HERE!!! They're really here! Your pumpkins are WAAAAAAAY more awesome than I could have made. I LOVE the thickness of the strips and the colors are amazing. Your toppers are fantastic and the neatest thing...how you displayed them!
Completely fantastic!!!!
Thank you so much for posting them tonight...they are wonderful. :D
Yeah sissy for getting you started...I think she's unleashed a truly creative genius!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...