Sunday, December 30, 2012

Make It Monday #121 with Digi My World



Hello and welcome back to the last Make It Monday linky party of 2012!!! Our sponsor this week is Digi My World and I'm using the ultra hip 60's Retro Rainey digital image on my card. A big thank you to  DMW for supplying the design team with images. :) Speaking of the team, be sure to check out the awesome inspiration by my teamies at MIM or click their links on my right sidebar.

When I think of the 60's I immediately think of color and the dp's in Amy Tangerine's Sketchbook paper pad came to mind. I chose three to work with and used an archived Mojo Monday sketch for inspiration. A white 6x6 base calms everything down and I brought more white in with pearls, on the corners of my square panels, and the punched circle for my sentiment which is from Verve's Feeling Groovy set. A trio of hot pink pearls put the finishing touch on my card.


Pick of the Week

#222 Bettina



I adore this sock monkey perched on top of Bettina's handmade gift pouch. He is so sweet and I'll have to remember this image for my darling daughter next Christmas because she's a huge fan of sock monkey. :) Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us Bettina!
 
 
Sponsor
 
 
 
Prize: $10 Gift Voucher to spend in their store!
 
 
 
Before I go I want to thank Michelle for asking me to be a part of the MIM design team this year and for my awesome teamies! It's a great team to be a part of and I am so blessed. :) Another big thank you goes to all of you who support Make It Monday by playing along and leaving comments of encouragement for the DT. Those comments mean so much and your entries provide us with wonderful inspiration each week.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

19 comments:

Sandy said...

Happy New Year Lisa! Hope 2013 will be a happy one. Love your card this week. Retro Rainey is so cool and your design is "Groovy, Baby", LOL!
Fab POTW - I nearly chose that one too, a fun little sock monkey!
Hugs, Sandy

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Lisa, this card is soooo cute. Love the beautiful designer paper and cute image. And your POTW is awesome! Hope you have a wonderful new year... :)

Rene said...

Your card is just groovy!!!! ;D
Have a wonderful New Year Lisa!!!!
Rene :D

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa, Happy New year to you and yours".
..Your card is "soo cool man"
so "flower power"ish
were those terms used then ? I forget .Never the less, your card is awesome .
Love the papers , the design and the colouring of fabulous image .
Your pick is a beautifully decorated gift pouch ..
hugs Shirley-Anne

Desire Fourie said...

Lisa I am loving your cheerful card and your beautiful pick. Wishing you a wonderful happy, healthy and crafty 2013.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Pia S said...

What a cool and cheerful card! Great choice of colorful papers and such a fabulous design! Love it! Wishing you all the best for 2013!

lalkygirl said...

wow lisa ,love this retro card ,fab layout and perfect papers ....and as always so beautifully coloured.
Have a happy and healthy new year
tracey x

Michelle said...

How fabulously funky Lisa! lol. This card is fabulous. Love the background.

Your POTW is wonderful.

I am so glad that you agreed to join our team this year, it has been so nice getting to know you. I look forward to more fun times in 2013.

Happy new year!

Michelle :o)

Margaret said...

Your papers are PERFECT for this groovy chick! I love the geometric design and those pink pearls!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Peace Baby! I love this fun groovy card. The background is awesome.

Chrissy said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love the retro colours and gorgeous colouring of your image, she looks fantastic.
Very cute POTF [fortnight]
Wishing you a very Happy & Healthy New Year 2013

Luv CHRISSYxx

Janny Jager said...

Very cute card Lisa.
Best wishes and a creative 2013.
Greetings Janny

Brittany said...

Very groovy! Hugs.. Brittany, xx
http://mymagnoliacardsbybrittany.blogspot.co.uk/

Anonymous said...

haha!! great Hippy chick card! LOVE this all the bright and jazzy colours too! great job! and YES Bettina's pocket is brilliant! hope you can come play at ABC Christmas this year some too! hugs me xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Like, you are so way groovy girl!! I'm totally diggin' this card. :)

I might have just merged Valley Girl with the 60's there, but like, whatever....

Your POTW makes me smile from ear to ear. I am just now getting into sock monkeys and they are adorable!

Hugs,
L2

Anne-Elise said...

What a fun and great card, Lisa! Love the bright colors! I wish you all the best for the year 2013!! Hugs

Tammy said...

Adorable card Lisa! I love that fun image! Thanks for your sweet comment and I also hope you have a wonderful 2013!
Hugs, Tammy

Shannon White said...

Soo Cute Lisa!! Love your fun disco diva image and the funky retro dp's !! Just a Perfect pairing! Love this! Your Pick of the Week is a Cutie too! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Mona Pendleton said...

Pure cuteness Lisa! Great job coloring the darling image! Love the fun and cheerful color scheme!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...