Sunday, March 2, 2014

possiblilty begins with imagination



Time for a new linky party to open at Make It Monday and we have the delightful Time For Tea Designs back as our sponsor. I love the image *Circus Hoop* they supplied me to create with. 
 
To create my project I altered my chipboard base with a coat of gesso, applied a piece of patterned cs and sprayed it with black magic by Tattered Angels and marbled black by Dylusions. Then I tore a sheet of ad paper by Bazzill into random pieces and glued each down with mod podge. A Faber-Castell Pitt Pen was used to shade and Liquitex crystal beads mixed with Adirondack gold acrylic paint adds some texture. Next I sprinkled MS's florentine gold micro beads over to add more dimension and color and to highlight I used various distress inks-black soot, vintage photo and tea dye. The digital image was colored with Copic markers and fussy cut out. Blooms from my stash, Tim Holtz philosophy tag and playing card, G45 metal butterfly and a wood Studio Calico butterfly complete the details. I'll set it on an easel and place it on my desk.
 
 Here are a few photo's...
 
I used a craft stick to apply the crystal beads,
no fancy tools necessary.
 

The blooms were highlighted with Twinkling H2O's. 
 
The metal butterfly was distressed
with Vintage Photo and a Spare Parts
vintage brad was placed in the center.
The wood butterfly received a coat of
acrylic paint and a script roller stamp was
used to add some detail to it.
 
 
 
 
My PICK OF THE WEEK is...
 
 
Her card is gorgeous but there's more to it so visit her blog to see for yourself.
She has lovely eye candy on this card. :)
Thanks for joining us at Make It Monday and for sharing your talent!
 
 
 
SPONSOR
 
 
 
Prize is winner's choice of 3 digi's.
 
 
 
Thanks for dropping by today, please visit my teamie's and check out their creations. 
We'll be by soon to visit your blogs.
 
Have a great week!
Hugs,
Lisa
 
 
 

 

 

13 comments:

Rene said...

She is a doll! I'm crazy about this new company!
We're having ANOTHER snow day tomorrow...sigh! Be in school until July at this rate! ;D
Gorgeous POTW...only people with exquisite taste picked it, right?!? :D
Rene

Sandy said...

Beautiful artwork Lisa. A fab creation to showcase your cute image. Love the colours!
A wonderful POTW too.
Hugs,
Sandy

Mona Pendleton said...

Cool project Lisa! Love the textured gold!

Chrissy said...

Awesome Lisa..love the technique you used..fabulous texture..and I do love your popular POTW..

luv CHRISSYxx

Sarah said...

This is fabulous Lisa. I so wish I could touch it!! xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Delicious mixed media piece, Lisa! I love the colours and layers, so much texture - just gorgeous! xxx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Lisa ..WOW so much detail on your project to enjoy ..to touch would be awesome , I bet .
Your POTW was popular and that's because it is stunning .
hugs Shirley-Anne

Pia S said...

I LOVE how the background turned out and I'm so glad you explained what you did and what you used to make it, very inspirational! A fantastic result!!!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such gorgeous project, Lisa. I love the beautiful collaged background you created and all the pretty details on this piece. Wonderful design! :)

lalkygirl said...

wow what a fantastic project ...love the design and texture on the chipboard...stunning
tracey x

lalkygirl said...

wow what a fantastic project ...love the design and texture on the chipboard...stunning
tracey x

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the layers and texture and colors and those FABULOUS beads! Super creation, Lisa! LOVE it!

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh, scrumptious textures from the crystal beads, and I love the distressed and grungy inking - fabulous!
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...