Wednesday, March 1, 2017

E, F and G at ABC Christmas Challenge


We have a brand new challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge that runs the entire month of March. We are on the letters E, F and G and you have the choice to play along with all three letters or combine them as I did on my card. 

E is for Edge
F is for Family
G is for Girl


Sponsors


Prize is a gift certificate to their online store.


Helen is hosting this challenge and she is also offering a prize. 

Set of Sizzix Dies



My edge is snowbanks created from a My Favorite Things die and my family is from the Taylored Expressions stamp set-Penguin Pals.


I colored my background with distress inks and added my heavy snowfall scene by diluting gesso with water then splattering with a paintbrush. The images were stamped with black Archival ink then colored with my new Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils which were gifted to me by my dear friend, Katrin. It is my first experience coloring with them and they're awesome! Thank you for sharing those with me sweetie. :) I love snowy scenes and I created some dimension between my snowbanks with Scotch foam tape. For a little sparkle I added glitter and subtle shading was applied with Copic markers. 


We look forward to seeing your creations. To see more inspiration for our E, F and G challenge visit the link above and check out what my design team mates created. 

Before I close today I'd like to share that on the 22nd of February my mother went home to be with the Lord. I will miss her but I am grateful that her battle with Alzheimer's on this earth is over. It is a disease I would not wish on anyone. I pray for those who suffer with this disease and for the families affected by it. May God bless and comfort each of you!

Thank you for your visit today, it means a lot. 
Lisa xx 







4 comments:

Lorraine A said...

aww super cute card Lisa :-) I love the little penguins and the snow drifts and sky are absolutely fabulous :-)

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, sending love and hugs XX

luv
Lols x x x

Inkyfingers said...

Hi Lisa,
First of all I would like to say how sorry I am to hear of your Mother's passing. Even when they have been suffering, it is never easy to lose your Mum.
Now onto your card, which is a fabulous mix of all the challenges. I love how you have created such dimension in the scene with all the layering and your snowy sky provides a perfect backdrop.

Take care of yourself and thanks for the warm welcome to the team
Hugs
Carol x

Creativehobbit81 said...

Hello my dear friend,

I'm so happy you like the pencils, your coloring is beautiful.
And this card is so super cute! Love it!

I'm still so sorry for your loss and hugging you from afar sweetie,
Love you.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card hunny!
Thinking of you xxxxx
hugs xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...