Friday, October 14, 2011

There's a Mouse in the House

Whew! I ordered some "new to me" stamps in early October from Waltzingmouse Stamps over in the UK and they arrived via airmail yesterday. HOORAY!!! I checked their blog to see what challenges they offer and lo and behold they have one that ends at 12 Noon Central US Time today, nothing like a little pressure!! :-) I got up awful early to put this together and what began as a card became a wall hanging, and I love it. Here it is...





I primarily used the Hocus Pocus set but I did borrow the little "open" bat in upper left from the Cicely at Halloween set, he's so cute! Anyway, I am not a morning person "at all" but I kinda have to be so as I was working on this project I came up with a story as to why this little witch is walking and not flying. Here goes...she spent all night studying at the "Apothecary Emporium" learning to mix potions and whatnot. It just isn't coming to her as it should so she's kinda dejected but her little friend that's perched on her shoulder is trying to cheer her up. Sound good? She's definitely not a wicked witch just a witch trying to do her very best like the rest of us. For inquiring minds I will add that I *loosely* sketched her dressed on cardstock and cut out. The face and hat belong to the HP stamp set and if you look closely you'll see a boo boo I made. Hint: check out the bird on the fence directly in front of her. Mercy, he's at a 45 degree angle!

Ok, I am sliding in under the wire so gotta go. Have a wonderful weekend wherever you are and you can view the sketch here if you like. Should also note that you can flip or rotate the sketch and I flipped sentiment panels but kept the rest intact. Cheerio!
~Lisa

Stamps: Hocus Pocus and Cicely at Halloween (Waltzingmouse Stamps), Frightful Night (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Memento London Fog, Antique Linen Distress Ink (T!m Holtz)
Paper: the Apothecary Emporium (Echo Park), Choice Buttercream  & Choice Snow White (TE store), cardstock
Accessories: Standard Circles Lg. & Labels Fourteen Dies (Spellbinders); Fibers Asst. 5 Pk/Oranges (PS); Black Diamond & Copper Stickles (Ranger); Plaquettes (T!m Holtz/Idea-ology); Black Pearls (Kaisercraft); foam tape and pop-up glue dots


1 comment:

Renee said...

A fabulous take on the sketch!
And this set is so much fun!! :)
So glad you came to play with us at WMSC!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...