Monday, August 27, 2012

Genuine Folkard ATC Mini

 


Happy Monday everyone! I'm excited to share my very first ATC mini album with you featuring the Unforgettable Alice Pack by Nicecrane Designs. This pack has several collage sheets included and I used the Genuine Folkard ATC/ACEO background collage sheet for my album. It has several images from Alice in Wonderland and my daughter claimed it for her own the minute I finished lol.



 
 


For the base I recycled corrugated board and distressed all of the edges. Old book paper is the next layer and I sprayed each one with color mists to bring in a pop of color. The ATC's were next and I skewed panels for a touch of whimsy. The next decision was to choose which embellishments to use and I've become a big fan of Studio Calico's wood die cuts so you'll several of those throughout. The one item I found in my stash that I've had for awhile, Vintage Findings by Making Memories, is actually a sheet of ephemera in a metallic silver finish. The flower stems were perfect for the cover but I needed to tone the silver finish down and ginger alcohol ink did the trick. The bird is also part of the ephemera sheet and I used Sailboat Blue to turn him/her into a pretty little bluebird. Prima roses, Webster's Pages Lotus Blossoms Whimsies, a T!m Holtz memo pin, Spare Parts button and WMS twine add the finishing touches to my front cover. To bind my album I punched a 1/16th hole in the upper left corner and slipped a 7 Gypsies book ring through it and added seam binding, gold twine & ivory ribbon. Here's the rest of my album.











.



I adore these vintage ATC's! To explore all of the Digital Collage Sheets & Scrapbook Products  visit Nicecrane Designs. I am also linking up with the following challenges: Diva's by Design-Anything Goes, The Paper Shelter-Anything Goes, and 52 Card Pick Up-Week 34.
  
 
Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

17 comments:

Adrienne Crist said...

Wow! This is fabulous, I love it! What a great idea for a mini, I adore ATC's!! Saw you on MIM ;)

Anne-Elise said...

Wow, Lisa! Your first mini album is gorgeous! Beautiful work!

Janny Jager said...

Wowwwwwwwwww Lisa what a very very beautiful Atc album
Love it

Greetings Janny

Jackie Rockwell said...

Fantastic and amazing layering Lisa! These are so fun to look at!!!

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh Lisa, what a beautiful little album! So many gorgeous layers. It must have taken you ages but I am sure you loved every minute! Hugs xx

Chrissy said...

Fantastic album Lisa, glad you daughter got in first or I might have swiped it, beautiful images and design,papers and textures.. love the layers and colours...fabulous.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Peanut said...

Oh my oh my! Absolutely stunning, Lisa. Amazing attention to detail....and patience! Gorgeous!!!

Jeanne J. said...

This is one gorgeous work of art. I don't think I could ever have parted with it, not even for my daughter! So many gorgeous detials - so vintage - a real feast for the eyes!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Lisa! What a fun and creative project! Love the beautiful embellishments especially the red blossom! Your attention for detail is so appreciated! :)

craft-roomjulia said...

First of all Lisa thank you so much for choosing my altered match box chest for your POTW, I am extremely flattered.
Your project is truly awesome, really amazing. There is so much to feast your eyes on, and I am in love with it. You produce some fabulous creations, and I am now your latest follower. Julia xx

Tracy said...

I'm not surprised that your daughter nabbed this. It's amazing Lisa. Fantastic way to use those images. You rocked this girl! Hugs!

Lisa Minckler said...

Complete whimsy and fun! I could have looked at 50 more pages of these. It's great when you have the sentiment, "Everyone's mad here" because it instantly releases you from any rules..anything and everything is welcome and boy oh boy L1, did you ever plunge in! The inking, coloring, embellishments, textures on even the smallest things, all so perfectly and purposefully strewn...I LOVE IT!!! Excellent use of Ignacio's images.

Unknown said...

Hi Lisa, oh my word what a beautiful project.

So detailed, it's amazing.
Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Words and Pictures said...

Lisa, this is utterly wonderful! So glad I persevered with catching up with blogs I've missed in the last couple of days, or I'd've missed this absolute gem! Love the Nicecrane images, and your glorious higgledy-piggledly pages are perfect for the unsettling nature of Wonderland. Plan to come back and look properly when it's not the middle of the night - bookmarked!
Alison x

Nicecrane Designs said...

Wowwww Lisa, sorry for the delay I had problems with my internet,,,,. Absolutely a delicioius to watch,,, I really love your layering,,,with these incredible elements,,,and the vintage effect,,,,,you did a supberb work with my Alice Collection my friend......wow,woww,wowwww,,,,horay for Lisa.

Unknown said...

wow saw this on nicecrane site and its just awesome you very talented...wish i could let my mind go...and create something as fabulous as this have become a follower hugs sassyxxxxxxxx

Margaret said...

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! Very smart DD! I would have snagged it too!!!
This is over the top BEAUTIFUL!!!! All of the fabric and twine and flowers and wood die cuts, and ...sigh! A true work of art and I love every single page! Especially the Mad Hatter (awesome way to display the sentiment!)!!! I now bow to your royally awesome skills...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...