Friday, April 27, 2018

Game of Thrones Pocket Letter

{made a legend for my pl and a charm}

Welcome!
I'm sharing a pocket letter I made for a dear friend in Germany, Katrin, and you can see by the photo above what the theme was. We're both fans of this cult phenomenon and we swapped letters with each other. It was just for fun and for our own personal use so little disclaimer there. 

Front

With my pocket letter I decided to decorate each pocket front and back which is atypical for me. It just shows how much I love this show! In reality there are too many characters to be accurately portrayed so I chose my favorites and that's who you'll see. Now there is one in particular I left out, Sam Tarly, but I'm sure we'll swap another pl when Game of Thrones wraps in 2019 and I'll include him. 

Back

I opted for a landscape design for the front and portrait for the back of my pocket letter. There's one pocket -middle 3rd row- that is out of place but had to include this one of Jon Snow. It reveals who I believe will eventually sit on the Iron Throne and rule the Seven Kingdoms. I won't say why as to spoil for anyone who hasn't watched the series yet.

A few close ups...
The top photo is the Stark children reunited plus Jon who was raised as the bastard son of Eddard (Ned) Stark. In fact his last name, Snow, indicates as much and it's something he has always lived with. 

Talk about your love/hate relationship. This girl has spunk and love her spirit throughout this show, never giving up and always turning things into a positive for her. Yes she did have some rough patches but Daenerys Targaryen did not let them define her. Here she's with Khal Drogo, her husband, and was known as Khalessi of the Great Grass Sea. Her titles grew throughout the show as you can see in the bottom photo above. FYI he did become the love of her life. :)

And then there's Cersei....

with her brother and lover, Jaime.

Yes she's clearly changed hairstyles here...not by her doing and no I do not want to discuss how it came about....watch the show. Anyway, this chica knows how to get revenge...big time. There's not enough money or power for the likes of Cersei Lannister. Oh and when she gets that look in her eyes....watch out!

Tyrion of House Lannister

younger brother to twins, Jaime and Cersei and son of Tywin Lannister. Life was hard enough with Tywin for a dad but being a dwarf who is accused of killing his mother during childbirth....well that's brutal. As if he could help it...

Love this line by The Hound, aka Sandor Clegane. 

Avert thine eyes if you haven't seen the series
 * spoiler alert*

Lady Olenna Tyrell is a favorite because she killed Joffrey.  Cersei may have called her the Queen of Thorns but to me she's a heroine. Joffrey was a monster and although there are many in GOT he was a particularly nasty one and I cheered when he died. The upside is that the actor, Jack Gleeson, did a great job portraying him. :)

I couldn't leave out Hodor, protector of children. 


That's a good place to leave this post on. This was a fun pocket letter to make and it is just for my friend to enjoy. I'm posting here to keep a visual diary for myself and nothing more. I can't wait for GOT to return in April of 2019!

I'll be back Monday with the first of two mini books to share that I made for my pen pals in Europe.
Have a great weekend, wherever you are.
Lisa xx






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...