Friday, May 18, 2018

Handmade Embellishments using Templates



I have a design team share today for The Cutting Cafe. We are using templates from various cutting files in different crafty ways. I used two of the smaller hearts from the Layered Stitched Hearts Templates and Cutting Files to create these mixed media embellishments.    


I started by making a mixed media background with ink sprays, stencils and translucent modeling paste. The texture in person is wonderful and for now I simply added a word strip to each heart. You can see my heart templates on the right. Hearts are always a go-to embellishment for me as they are useful on any project throughout the year. I am saving these for my future faith scrapping projects which I plan to start next month. I'll add additional items to each {enamel dots, metal embellishments, etc.} but until I know what I want I decided to stop at this point. 

I would love to make some handmade cork embellishments using several of the templates from TCC. Fabric is another great option and the possibilities are really endless when designing custom embellies to use. For those of us who aren't great at drawing {that would be me} templates are a fantastic way to fake it. 


The Cutting Cafe


The design team post will be live on Monday, May 21st so check out the crafty makes by my teamies. If you leave a comment on the post you'll be automatically entered into a drawing to win 3 FREE SETS and Regina will announce the winner on June 7th. 

Good Luck,
Lisa xx

4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

ackkkkkkkkkkkk these are awesome girl....loving all of your daily projects...so inspiring...

Maria Pilar said...

I'm really surprised with your heart. This is just a beautiful job. Love so much. I have to try playing with this file.
Hugs.

Gail said...

fabulous idea for the heart and wording! Super!

Samantha said...

Oh these are just so cute! love them xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...