Tuesday, March 6, 2012

She Art Who???



Hello, I'm talking about Christy Tomlinson, the creative genius behind She Art girls. I discovered her work  through Mona Pendleton's blog,  Cupcakes's Creations, and I was hooked. I enjoy mixed media and decided to take the plunge and sign up for She Art 1 & 2, and I'm thrilled I did. I really enjoy Christy's down to earth style and there's so much content to these classes. Fun, fun, fun-you can't help but have fun because Christy doesn't take herself too seriously and you learn mistakes are easily fixed or you simply improvise and move along. In the end, it's all good!


Today I'm sharing my first She Art girl and I used the PDF patterns for the head, arms, legs, dress and boots which Christy designed for the She Art 1 class. I actually watched all of the videos but took her advice and I'm going to go in order so that I can learn step by step and not tackle everything at once. This is the basic She Art girl and I made mistakes but it just gives me an opportunity to keep improving and having fun. :-)

My canvas was created with an old sewing pattern for my base and acrylic paint was applied in shades of blue, green and yellow while Faber-Castell pens and Liquitex Professional Inks add color and shading. Rub-ons & stamps add depth and whimsy and a NeoColor II Artist Crayon (love these) added a rosy tint to her cheeks and skin tone. My daughter wanted her cheeks to be more rosy so I added more color and here's a fuzzy close up, sorry. The camera and I are not on speaking terms these days and it is way past time for it to go into retirement so I am shopping for another. The lotus flower cabachon is from Webster's Pages and everything on the canvas is something near and dear to my darling girl because this one is for her.




If you are interested in learning more check out Christy's blog, Do What Matters Most, and click on the Workshops tab for more information. She also has a great online shop, Scarlet Lime, where she sells mixed media products, monthly kits and much more.

I'd like to extend a big welcome to my new blog follower, Sandie, from Australia. She has a wonderful blog where she shares her enormous talent with all of us and this lady has a way with flowers. She recently posted a wonderful tutorial on how she makes her exquisite flowers and you can view it here on her blog. That's all for me today, thanks for stopping by & always leaving a sweet comment for me. It makes my day!
Enjoy today,
Lisa

7 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

L1,
Look at you go, girl! This is some amazing work and I love the new technique you're doing. You have a real flair for this style and I really hope to see more! :D YEAH YOU!
Big hugs to you and thanks for the great links to go and check out. I'm off to do that now.
L2

Lucia said...

this is really wonderful Lisa, so inspirational, thank you so much for sharing!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Lisa! Your She Art canvas turned out beautifully! I love the colorful background! The little pink flower in her hair is a wonderful touch! Thanks for the big shout out :)

Margaret said...

Sorry if I left drool on your screen...WOW!!! This is fantastic and I am equally impressed with your willingness to jump in and try something new! I keep scrolling back to look at your pic!!! I am sure your DD is absolutely thrilled with this! Can't wait to see where this venture leads you!

Lucia said...

HEy! it's me again.. just stopping by to tell you that my blog has a new adress, now it is luciabarabas.blogspot.com. I decided to make it simplier, my name :) xxx hugs, Lucia

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, I can't believe this GORGEOUS creation is your FIRST attempt! She is truly a work of art and I can't wait to see future She Art creations!

Maggie Armstrong said...

Lisa, this is fantastic! I LOVE mixed media and always looking for inspiration in this direction. 'She' is gorgeous.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...