Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Welcome, Tilman Baby Boys



Hello and welcome! I'm so happy to be here today to share one of two baby boy cards I made yesterday. As some of you might know I love Verve stamps and Julee Tilman (Verve owner & designer) and her husband, Mark, were expecting identical twin boys around the middle of March. They came a bit early but I'll let Julee give you all the details here in her blog post where she introduces her boys to all of us and the sweet invitation she extended to her blog readers.

Both of my cards are from the same paper collection, Fine & Dandy true blue by MME, yet they have their own individuality. I started with a 5.5" square base for both and built up with paper and dies to create the layers which Verve diva's are famous for. I stamped & die cut a pennant border for my "WELCOME" sentiment and anchored it with buttons and twine bows. The adorable elephant, Emery, was stamped onto a coordinating dp and fussy cut. A die cut flag features the Baby Boy sentiment and I used two more images from the To the Moon set by Verve on the inside of my cards. I'll be back tomorrow with the second card and a side by side view of both. Here's the inside of my card.




Thanks for stopping by today and congratulations to Julee and Mark on the birth of their twin boys. 
Happy Crafting Everyone,
Lisa

Stamps: To the Moon (Verve), You're My Type-Upper & Pennant A la Carte (Taylored Expressions)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Pumpkin (StazOn), Antique Linen Distress Ink (T!m Holtz)
Paper: Fine & Dandy true blue (MME), cardstock
Accessories: Labels One, Classic Squares Lg., Lacey Circles & Classic Circles Lg. (Spellbinders); Pennant Border Die & Fly Your Flag 3 Die (TE); 1.5" circle punch (EK Success); Seeing Spots Folder (C'bug); BonBon twine (Doodlebug); Fine & Dandy true blue trims (MME); Copic Markers; Cantaloupe Liquid Pearls (Ranger); buttons (Buttons Bonanza); brads (PS); 3D foam dots (Therm O Web)

4 comments:

Jeanne J. said...

Oh Lisa - How neat - you did a CAS and a fancy layered card - everyone should be happy here! I'm going with all the fancy layers!! :) SO pretty! Love the little twine bows, buttons and definately boy papers!

Mona Pendleton said...

Awe, such a sweet card Lisa! I am sure Julee will treasure this sweet work of art! I love the little banner and darling elephant! How thoughtful and kind of you! :) TFS

Margaret said...

This is one awesome baby card! LOVE the banner and the sweet little elephant! I'm sure this will be well received!

~Tammy~ said...

Great choice in papers and this is so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...