Tuesday, November 10, 2015

A Woodland Themed Christmas Pocket Letter



Hello everyone! 
Hope your week is off to a great start. I've been busy cranking out Christmas projects since the holiday is literally 6 weeks away from this Friday. I know I am freaking some of you out but I am as well. Hard to believe this year is nearly over! 

This was my first Christmas pocket letter and it went to my pal in Washington. It was so much fun to create and it will always be one of my favorites. 

A few close ups.
{click to enlarge any photo}

I used a mix of Christmas dp's that have been in my stash for awhile. Mostly because I love them and tend to hoard paper, but no more. I'm going to put them to good use creating pocket letters and for my DT projects for ABC Christmas Challenge. The 3D stickers by Jo-lee Boutique make this woodland themed pocket letter work. My pal also likes bling so when I saw the pretty red rhinestones on them...well..it was a no brainer. :) Finishing touches on the top row are the satin red flower, resin moose and the 3D Merry and Bright ornament sticker. 

More 3D stickers on the outside but this time it's a snowman family playing in the snow. Yes, that's snow you're seeing. To the pockets I added resin silver snowflakes, die cut trees and a layer of Deco Art's Snow-Tex to create my snowy scene. I spread some on the roof of the cozy cottage as well and stamped Merry Christmas at the top. I loved the ease of using DA's Snow-Tex snow. No mixing or mess just spread with a palette knife and it's done. Can't say how much I love this stuff!!! 

The third row has a 3D moose, a JOY sticker and a holly branch. The middle pocket features another 3D ornament sticker that has a winter wonderland scene. On the spine of the pocket I added washi tape, two holly brads, and Christmas ribbon. 

I filled the back pockets with crafty Christmas goodies. I am remiss for not taking photos of two of the pockets minus the goodies. My friend, Regina Easter, is the owner/designer of The Cutting Cafe and she created a Pocket Letter Pals file at my request. It's for sale here and includes a PDF file (see below) for use in creating PL's. I used two on the back of my letter (top row-3rd pocket and bottom row-middle pocket). Sorry Regina I forgot to remove the goodies/note before snapping a photo. However I mailed a letter off yesterday and the file is featured on the front so I'll have that up on my blog as soon as my pal receives it. 

HELLO MY NAME IS 1
I used the black / white sheet and there's a colored one as well. 
This is an awesome file for PLP's so spread the word.


So happy my pal Tina loves her PL!
I love it too. :)

To learn more about Pocket Letter Pals click here.


I'll be back tomorrow with a woodland themed project with a glittery twist for ABC Christmas Challenge.
See you then!
Lisa xx

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I absolutely LOVE this!! xx

Julia Aston said...

Wow - istn't this fun! what wonderful treats and designs in each of your pockets Lisa!

Pia S said...

I love seeing these projects, so much inspiration. I love that 3d moose, super cool!

Lisa Minckler said...

Love, love, love, love, LOOOVE all these!!!! You're #1 in my book. :)
Big hugs to you, L1.
L2

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... Lisa, this is such a fun and beautiful creation! Love all the adorable details. :)

Peanut said...

This is amazing, Lisa. So much to look at, so much inspiration. LOVE it.
hugs Asha

Words and Pictures said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely... I've been scrolling up and down with a big smile on my face as I spotted delights like the pinecone body on the deer, the snowy roof of the green polka dot house, the ear muffs on the tiny snowman, the golden J of Joy - just charming!
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...