Monday, November 30, 2015

Goodbye November



That's right! 
It's the last day of November and tomorrow begins the official countdown to Christmas. I thought I'd quickly share my final Fall / Thanksgiving Pocket Letter this year with you. As a member of Pocket Letter Pals I belong to several Groups in which monthly themes are established. In the Anything and Everything Group the theme was Turkey Day and this letter went to a fellow Tennessee gal.

Some closeups...

I used the Hello Journal Card from The Cutting Cafe's Pocket Letter Pals Printable Set. The top row features a leaf print resist paper by HOTP, cardstock word stickers and amber colored bling. The second row outer pockets are green corrugated paper from the Neutrals corrugated 6x6 paper pad by DCWV. I added cardstock and clear stickers, a stamped sentiment (TE) and trio of pumpkins (Verve) -which I colored with Copic's and highlighted with orange peel Stickles- and spelled out a message to my pal with Tim's chit chat alpha stickers.

On the bottom row I used a turkey stamp (Verve) for the middle pocket, colored him with Copic's and highlighted with copper Stickles. A clear "Gobble Gobble" sticker was placed on top of the pocket for fun. The far right pocket has a band of corrugated paper with twine and a stamped sentiment (TE). The far left pocket has a cardstock sticker, two feathers and a hand cut fish tail from scrap corrugated paper. If you look close enough you'll see the renegade exclamation point (which went after pal on the above middle pocket) that somehow ended up there. Luckily I caught it before it was mailed.

I added washi tape to the spine, three brown satin bows and 3 bronze leaf brads.

I filled the back of the pocket letter with goodies (ribbon, washi tape, ephemera, burlap bows, fall buttons, clothes pins, family recipe, a note from me and printed leaves) my pal can use for future Fall / Thanksgiving pocket letters. Also you can see on the middle pockets (1st and 2nd row) more journal cards from the Pocket Letter Pals Printable Set. They are actually from the Hello My Name Is Journal Cards Printable Set and as you can see there are several designs in this set. Perfect for a Pocket Letter Pal to use. :)


I'd be remiss if I didn't share my pal's pocket letter as well. I love it!!!
Thanks Leesa! :)
I adore the vintage images she used and the way she rounded the corners off each ATC as well. Such a lovely Thanksgiving pocket letter and the goodies were wonderful too. As it turns out she doesn't live that far from where I live (in Tennessee) and she's also visited the lake I live by so that was kinda cool. Love meeting a fellow Tennessean through Pocket Letter Pals. I know we'll be swap partners again!


Tomorrow I'll be back (that's right, in fact I'll have a blog post every day this week) with a Christmas pocket letter to officially kick off the most wonderful time of the year.

Have an awesome day, wherever you are.
Lisa xx


1 comment:

Lisa Minckler said...

YOU are fabulous and your pal's pocket letter is wonderful too and I love the name Leesa! LOL I could honestly sit for hours taking in every little tiny detail that you include. You are truly the master of this art!
Big hugs to you L1,
L2

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...