Wednesday, November 25, 2015

X - 4x4 inch Square Card or Box



Our new challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge is 

X - 4x4 inch square card or box

and for my design team inspiration I have created one of each. Both projects feature paper from Graphic 45's Night Before Christmas collection. The 4x4 inch box was a cinch to make using the We R Memory Keepers Gift Box Punch Board. The only troublesome thing is trying to wrap my brain around the fact that Christmas is one month from today. Hard to believe it, isn't it!

The inside of my card...


I stamped a Waltzingmouse Stamps-Compliments of the Season-greeting in Archival's Vermillion ink and die cut the white cardstock with a My Favorite Thing's Zig Zag Stitched Square die. The striped dp is from G45's Night Before Christmas collection as well as the chipboard holly piece. A band of Christmas gingham ribbon finishes it. 


This is my 4x4 inch square box.



I created it using the Gift Box Punch Board by We R Memory Keepers. There's a guide on the board which tells you what size paper to use and the score marks to use. It is a breeze to put a box together and it's one tool I know I'll use alot. :) Fussy cut images, a Petaloo poinsettia, a band of White Opal Liquid Pearls around the edge and a wide peppermint ribbon are the finishing touches. 

Back View

I did the same to the sides, the clock image was fussy cut from the paper collection and I added Christmas Red Stickles to the outer edge. The band of red paper is also from the collection and I finished the sides with White Opal Liquid Pearls. 


A big thank you to our current sponsor.


They are offering our lucky winner a 
Merry Christmas die.


To see all of the inspiration by the DT visit the challenge blog or click their links in my right sidebar. Hope you'll play along with us. 


I'd like to wish all of my fellow Americans a very Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow! I'm preparing a small lunch and then we're off to Louisville, Kentucky for the weekend. We decided to start a new tradition this year and I think I'm gonna like it. 
Safe travels everyone!
Lisa xx

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa this box is fabulous LOVE the colours and so much to look at too! love the ikkle card too! hugs me x

Sue Lelli said...

Your box is delightful! LOVE how you used that FAB paper and that ribbon is just PERFECT, Lisa!
Happy Thanksgiving today!

Jackie PN said...

Beautiful Lisa!Lucky receiver of this!
xo Jackie

ps...when do you sleep- you busy bee!!

Dorte said...

Love your beautiful box with the matching card, Lisa, great take on our chall theme,
hugs Dorte

Words and Pictures said...

Love the fresh zing of your traditional red and green. The gift box is just fabulous - I love that ribbon and the wonderful vintage images on that and on the card.
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...