Monday, November 16, 2015

Fall / Thanksgiving PL



Praying for Paris

Before I begin my post today I want to express my deepest sympathy to everyone who was affected by the tragedy in Paris last Friday night. I pray that the survivors will heal physically and emotionally and that the loved ones of those lost will feel our love and support worldwide. 

********

Today I'm celebrating the beautiful fall season with this pocket letter I made for a Pocket Letter Pal in Missouri. If you don't know what a pocket letter is or if you're not familiar with PLP's click here to learn where it all started and how you can join in the fun. 

Here are a few close ups.

I used corrugated paper and a fall leaf resist dp by Hot Off the Press for my pockets. On the resist paper I rubbed various fall shades of Distress Ink to make the leaves pop. A print out from the Hello My Name Is Journal Cards Set by The Cutting Cafe is the perfect way to dress up the note to your pal pocket. I printed the sheet on white cardstock so I could customize each print out. Stickers, an acorn button and 3D animal stickers decorate the top row.

For the middle row I used more stickers plus 3D animal stickers as well. I die cut two corn stalks (by My Favorite Things) and rubbed scattered straw Distress Ink over them. Next I stamped a scarecrow by Just Rite Stampers on cardstock and colored him with various Distress Markers. The wheelbarrow is a die cut (by Taylored Expressions) and I added copper Stickles to enhance it. Raking the Leaves is from a fall sticker sheet and the stamped sentiment (from a retired TE set) was stamped in Sepia Archival ink.

The third row features that cute little raccoon which seems to be very popular over on the PLP's Facebook group. You'll also see a cut out from the Hello My Name Is Journal Cards Set on the 3rd pocket. On the back of that pocket I included a note about myself for my pal. Metal leaf brads were added to the spine so my pal can use them for future fall pl's and I included a To / From tag as well.

I love the fall season and this was definitely one of my favorite pl's to create. I'm delighted to share that my pal loves her pocket letter and that makes me a happy girl.

Like any good PLP I also included a few goodies for her to enjoy.
Ribbon and washi tape samples, fall die cuts and stickers, a note from me and about me, a leaf acrylic stamp, a bag of tea (of course) and stamped fall images from some of my favorite sets. Note: top row - far right pocket is another ATC size journal card from the Hello My Name Is Journal Cards Set by The Cutting Cafe


I'm entering this pocket letter in the following challenge:


That's all for me today, during this time of Thanksgiving let's remember to be grateful for the little things as well as the big things in life. Let's hold the French people, and all who've been targeted by terrorism, in our hearts and prayers. 

God Bless,
Lisa xx

7 comments:

Julia Aston said...

How fun! what wonderful fall pieces in each pocket!

Lisa Minckler said...

You truly are the queen of PL's now....I'd be entertained for HOURS just looking at all your tiny details. What an absolute talent you have!
hugs to you and thank you for all the bacon recipes...LOL!! My husband is loving that!
L2

Candy C said...

Lisa, these are adorable! Each one so unique! You did a fab job on all of them.

Words and Pictures said...

Every pocket is a delight - and the whole effect of autumn colour and fun is enchanting. Loving your pocket letters, Lisa!
Alison xx

Peanut said...

WOW... so many sweet details. You're on a roll with these PLPs. Loving all your makes, Lisa.
hugs Asha

Pia S said...

So many cute animals on here, and I like how you manage to tie every pocket together into a whole design with matching designs. You're great at making the pocket letters...

Natalie said...

such wonderful pocket letters!
Thanks for playing along in the 613 Avenue Create Challenge.
Hugs,
Natalie
INKognito

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...