Thursday, November 19, 2015

With Gratitude



Yes! That's the answer to your question...you know the one you were thinking...that bow is big. I was trying to make one of those pretty multi looped bows that I've been seeing on Pinterest and let's just say I need more practice. Or perhaps I'd better buy the bow contraption by Zutter. :) My Thanksgiving card was made for a close friend and she'll love it so I'm gonna let it pass as this has been one busy, busy week. It's only going to get busier with Thanksgiving, travel plans, crafty plans and oh right....Christmas literally around the corner. 

If I even stop to think about that I'll totally freak right now so let's move on to my card for The Cutting Cafe. It features the With Gratitude Printable Set which you can see on the background of my sandstorm cardstock and I used a sentiment from the set as well. Have I mentioned that there are 75 images in this set? That's a bargain! The acorn is an Ingrid Bolme resin design by Prima and I altered it with Twinkling H20's. I printed my sentiment then die cut it with a Spellbinders flag and backed it with a coordinating piece of cardstock. Paper fall leaves were glued in place and I inked all of the edges on my card with gathered twigs Distress Ink. That's it!

Here are a few other templates...cutting files...printable sets that are perfect for Thanksgiving:
{and many more, just search Thanksgiving}

If you visit The Cafe's blog on the 21st you can see all of the DT inspiration featuring this set and if you leave a comment you'll be entered into a drawing to win 3 FREE SETS. Regina will announce the winner on the 7th of December.  

I want to wish my Cutting Cafe friends a very Happy Thanksgiving!

Have a wonderful weekend, wherever you are and stay safe.
Lisa xx 



4 comments:

Regina Easter said...

what i didn't even notice the flower my friend....this is marvelous...so thankful to have you on the cafe team...hugs

Lisa Minckler said...

Now you can't be freaking out because you're my rock. If you freak out then I'll freak out because I think of you as one of the most organized people I know. So don't freak out because I can already feel my heart rate picking up.... cruuuuud!
Your card is beautiful and truly expresses the season perfectly.
Big hugs to you,
L2
I'm off to take Thanksgiving to the in-laws this weekend and then cook for my family at home next weekend. Deep breath, counting to 10, yoga downward dog stretch, keep breathing....it will all be okay.
:D

Doris E said...

Awesome card!!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Just love this card... I didn't even think "bow", I thought of it as a sort of lovely autumn rose, surrounding that fab acorn. Love the sepia look of the whole thing and all the words of course! Beautiful work. Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends.
Alison xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...