Friday, April 4, 2014

April showers bring May flowers

{mixed media art journal page}


Hi everyone, this is my offering for the new challenge 
**CUTE**

{I'm a bit late, I know}

This cute image is Umbrella Splash and its by our current sponsor Sami Stamps Shop at Etsy.

I wasn't sure how I was going to use it until I pulled out my art journal and fussy cut the image. {I should stop here and say that I paper pieced her dress, boots and umbrella}. It was then that I saw her splashing in a puddle and remembered the familiar rhyme I learned as a child. The background was created by using various mixed media products such as Calypso Teal Dylusions Ink Spray, Faber-Castell Tropical Gelatos, Wendy Vecchi embossing paste-white over a Tim Holtz Speckles stencil, Adirondack Snow Cap paint dabber, Kaisercraft rub ons and tear drop dew drops. Traveling typewriter is the font I used to create my journaling and I found it on Pinterest some time ago. If you like it you can click the Pinterest link on my right sidebar and go to my Fonts/Typography board and find it there. The paper flowers were in my stash and so were the pearls I used for the centers. 





SPONSOR


Prize is a $12.00 gift certificate.

A big thank you to Sami Stamps for supplying the DT with images!


Thanks for dropping by and taking a look at my mixed media art journal page!

Hugs,
Lisa


5 comments:

Pia S said...

This is so sweet and a really fun page. I've never made anything like this, but I love this style and you're great at it!

Desire Fourie said...

Awesome paper piecing Lisa and a wonderful mixed media creation.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Chrissy said...

I wish I was so brave to get inky and colourful..but for now I just have to admire this gorgeous page Lisa..I love the colours and the flowers with the pearls and fabulous paper piecing..really fabulous.

luv CHRISSYxx

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely journal, love the cheerful colours and flowers. Elaine

Margaret said...

This is so fun and perfect for spring! I love the mixture of flowers and her fun outfit!

BTW- saw your altered printer tray and had to pick my jaw up! Gorgeous!!! I recently bought that pack of paper and now I'm thinking I REALLY need to do something with it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...