Saturday, April 5, 2014

Do You Love Animals?

 

***All Creatures Great and Small***

If you love animals then you're all set to join our new challenge at The Squirrel and The FoxMy children love animals and growing up they had several pets plus we always included a visit to the zoo on our vacations. Owls are a favorite of my DD's so I thought she'd like this altered tag I created for her. 

My tag is actually the back of a Graphic 45 staples package which I saved. I love the shape and size so I gave it a coat of Liquitex gesso and let it dry. My digi was colored with Copic markers and I highlighted him with copper Stickles then fussy cut the image. I added an Authentique woodgrain dp in random places, then added drywall tape {you can fine it at a hardware store} and spread Golden's fiber paste over it to create more texture. After drying I used various Ranger Distress Stains-broken china, peeled paint, vintage photo, mustard seed-to give a pop of color and added a few gold micro beads. To add a 3D effect I die cut an Alterations Branch Tree die and crumpled some of the branches, added some metal and wood embellishments, a yellow butterfly, paper flowers and Tim's chitchat words spell out what I wanted to say. Ribbon, trim and seam binding bring all the colors together and add the finishing touch. 


{he's so dapper, I did add some Glossy Accents to his pocket watch}


SPONSOR



Prize is 3 free digi's.


Hope you'll join our *All Creatures Great and Small* challenge at The Squirrel and The Fox.
Thanks for looking at my altered tag today! 
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. :)

Hugs, 
Lisa 

7 comments:

Sarah said...

He's a lovely distinguished owl Lisa. What fabulous colours and the ribbons and fibres are a perfect touch xx

Pia S said...

This tag looks great, Lisa! I'm impressed at the amount of details you've managed to put together onto such a small space, there's so much to look at! Well done!

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Lisa! What a fantastic tag! Love all the blossoms and fancy ribbon treatment!

Sandy said...

Wow, Lisa, fabulous altered tag, love the owl and fab embellishments, I like all the different ribbons too.
Hugs,
Sandy

Peanut said...

Oh my word! So many details on an little tag! That take serious skills... WOW! What an amazing project, Lisa! LOVE that owl... he looks so dapper and exceedingly dashing! Great job,my friend!
hugs, Asha

Desire Fourie said...

Absolutely scrumptious Lisa with an awesome kind of steam punk twist to it as well.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Margaret said...

Such a wonderfully subtle Steampunk vibe on this one!! The stickles are fantastic for bringing the eye to the owl, and adding detail!
I am sure DD loved this!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...