Friday, June 27, 2014

12 Tags of 2014-June



Hi everyone!
I'm here to share my June tag for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014. I always enjoy Tim's wonderful techniques and learn a lot in the process. :) Here's the link to his post if you'd like to play along as well. 

the famous "Paula" bow (see Tim's post)

Per Tim's instructions my image was popped up on dimensional foam and colored with Distress Markers.
I love this stamp!

I plan to enter this tag in Tim's 12 Tags of 2014-June.

Edited: I'm a winner for Tim's June challenge! SO Excited!!!
 http://timholtz.com/12-tags-of-2014-july/

I Won for my June tag!

Since I began this challenge in May of this year I decided to go back and create tags for the previous months I missed. You can see my May tag (along with January and February) in this post here. I haven't made the book yet that will hold all of my tags but hopefully I can share it next month with July's tag (along with April) which will have me officially caught up with this challenge. I wanted to share both this month but I've been enjoying some down time with my DD who's home from college. :)

For now, here's the tag I made for the March challenge which features smudge stamping. You can view Tim's tutorial here.

My March tag features stamps from the Nature Walk collection.

I used distress markers to add some color to the nest image, distress paint to the word band, and washi tape for visual interest. Tim's jute string adds a bit more color as well.


Thanks for the visit today!
 If you love Tim's fabulous products you might want to check out my 50 and Fabulous Giveaway. It ends on Monday, June 30th, and the link is in my sticky post at the top. There are two prize packages up for grabs and I'll ship anywhere. Good luck!

Have a great day,
Lisa x

27 comments:

Karen Petitt said...

Really gorgeous tags! Love the colours you have used on the dragonfly and the ribbon/binding - fabulous! Thank you for sharing Karen x

Mona Pendleton said...

So very pretty Lisa! Love the soft color palette!

Dagmar said...

Great tags - i love the first so much !

rachel said...

both tags are fabulous Lisa - love the technique for this month and you've nailed it - brilliant xx

1CardCreator said...

Both of these are stunning Lisa, I especially love the first one, the beautiful colors in the seam binding reflected in the dragonfly are gorgeous! ~Diane

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the dragonfly tag, gorgeous and the background is lovely.
Happy crafting, Angela x

morkaren said...

Flotte tags, med dejligt farvevalg. Knus morkaren.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous tags, Lisa!! Ingrid x

catherine said...

Both are such fabulous tags Lisa
x catherine

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - your June tag is completely beautiful, Lisa - what glorious colours, and the echo of the shape of the dragonfly wings in the bow is just perfect. Love the gear in the little dragonfly label too - altogether brilliant!

The May one is also lovely, but you can tell which one has captured my heart, can't you?!
Alison xx

Words and Pictures said...

Not May - March...!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Lisa love these tags gorgeous colours too! love that dragonfly, and your ribbon is totally gorgeous too! hugs me x

Sue Lelli said...

Lisa, you are so great at these tags! LOVE the first with the dragonfly and your distress markers. That bow is super FAB! Great colors. The smudge stamping on the second one is such a pretty tag, too! LOVE them both!

Gitte said...

Beautiful tags.

Claudine said...

Beautiful tag, I love that dragonfly stamp!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow Lisa! I love the colours on your March tag but I must say June's tag is beautiful! I love the dragonfly on its fabulous background and the bow is brilliant! Chris:)

Hee Sun Kim (MIYAKE) said...

Well done on your win this month Lisa.
awesome tag!

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Great tag! I especially love the colors on the bow! Congratulations! :-D Hugs, Cathy

Unknown said...

Yehhhh.... you got chosen as a winner!!! Congrats Lisa! So exciting! :) Your tag is awesome!

Becky H. said...

Nice job on these. The dragon fly gets double thumbs up.

sara j said...

a beautiful rendition....i adore that stamp and your colors are just perfect....great tag!

Jane Elizabeth France said...

beautiful colors on your dragonfly Lisa. congratulations on your win :)

Donna said...

love how your dragonfly turned out. Congrats on your win!

shirley-bee said...

Ooh, I just love the colour combination on your dragonfly tag! Congrats on your win :)

Terry said...

Lisa, congratulations on your June win! What a stunning tag and I just love that dragonfly and background!

Shirley said...

Let's just say they are both tag elegance at its best. Loving your backgrounds and the main images are beautifully done!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous bow and beautiful colors on the first tag and I love the serene feel of the second tag! I love seeing all of your creations for this challenge!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...