Thursday, June 5, 2014

I'll Always Remember

Me and my Dad on my wedding day


Hi everyone, I'm here today with a project I created for Linda Ledbetter's CC3C and it's hard to believe this is the third challenge already. It's all about Faux Tea Roses this time and you are required to use a specific die which I didn't have. Ordering it was the first thing I did when I returned home from vacation and thankfully it arrived in time. :) 



To be completely honest with you, it's not my thing to make my own flowers. I do own dies but find it tedious and like Tim I am very impatient. My first try was pitiful but I'm determined to complete all of the challenges so I persevered and I'm glad I did. I love how these turned out and especially that you can use a die for more than one application. Way to go Mr. Holtz and thank you, again, for teaching me a new trick to use in my crafty arsenal. You'll find all of the details in Tim's new book, Compendium of Curiosities 3, on pg. 65 and you can get your own autographed copy right here.




As for my project I used a 6x8 in. burlap canvas as my base and I partially covered the (included) cardboard insert with one of Tim's Fabric Eclectic Elements pieces. This one just happened to coordinate with the type of project I was making and it worked with my neutral color scheme. Tim's crinkle ribbon was dyed with black soot distress ink which I mixed with water in a mini mister. The roses were die cut from Tim's kraft resist paper and I used various Idea-ology metal elements on my canvas. I altered the metal wreath and remember alpha part with pearl, gold and silver Adirondack Paint Dabbers.This picture was taken on my wedding day and I love my Dad's smile, it lit up his whole face. I cherish the time I had with him and all of the sweet memories I have. They sustain me when I miss him and I'll always remember, I promise Daddy.


ie_GiftCert_50

The Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring all of the odd numbered challenges at CC3C and not only are they offering a wonderful prize but all participants are offered 10% in their online store. Yay!


I'm also entering this in the following challenges:
{the magic happened when I found this awesome fabric in one of Tim's new fabric packs, it's my magical element}


Thanks for looking today! I'll quickly mention that I am offering two prize packages during the month of June to celebrate a milestone in my life. They are chock full of Tim Holtz goodies so if you are interested you can get the details on how to enter HERE

Have a fabulous day everyone!
Lisa xx

25 comments:

Pia S said...

I haven't made many flowers myself, I should invest in some dies, as well as some time. Ready made flowers are quite expensive, so it's a good way to save a dime as well. It's a beautiful layout, it's grear to use photos from special moments this way instead of having them tucked away in a drawer.

Lisa Minckler said...

Dadgummit L1, you brought me to tears again with this post. I absolutely LOVE it. You are such a beautiful bride and your father is definitely has a smile to light up a room AND...look at you go making those flowers! I'm uber impressed with your convictions my friend. Best of luck in this challenge too.
Hugs to you,
L2
Your project is just sensational!!!

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, Lisa, this is so special! I love the way you've included the two roses, and the way you've accented the word 'memory' with the ornate plate. So many beautiful touches! Thanks so much for joining in at CC3C again... glad to see you with us!

Sarah said...

This is a lovely keepsake Lisa...weren't the 80's great!?(we married in '86 too). Your roses are lovely and worth the effort for sure xx

rachel said...

your tea roses look beautiful Lisa and your whole project is gorgeous - what a lovely memory too! Big Hugs rachel x

Chrissy said...

A fabulous layout Lisa and lovely photo..well done on the handmade flowers they look perfect.

luv CHRISSYxx

Peanut said...

A poignant post, Lisa. What a lovely tribute to your Dad. The LO is simply beautiful. The diecut tea rose is so pretty. Fabulous investment.
hugs, Asha

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a tribute piece! Love all TH goodies you used, especially the cabinet card! Fab photo as well! Love the soft yellow roses too! Super super work! Thanks so much for joining us in our rosy challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Your creation brought tears to my eyes, Lisa. What a Wonderful keepsake with so many special details. Plus your roses look Fabulous! LOVE the photo! THX for playing with us at our ePlay fabric challenge! I LOVE to see what terrific things you always create!

toni said...

Wonderful piece Lisa! Your work has done justice to that beautiful photo of you and your dad and all those happy memories. A fabulous tribute ! Glad you persevered with the flower ! Thank you for joining the ePlay 'fabric' challenge xx

Meihsia Liu said...

Wow... this is such a precious creation, Lisa. All the details are fabulous. Love your beautiful photo, too. Wonderful work. :)

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful canvas - and a beautiful way to keep this memory front and center! Thanks for playing with the ePlay challenge to use fabric!

Rea' said...

Love your project( tugs at my heartstrings ... dads and their daughters are so special )! You did a great job with the flowers. Yes, those flowers can be tedious ( mine are getting better each time), Tim does make it easier!

Candy C said...

Lisa..your beautiful canvas commentating your wedding day is such a sweet and lovely piece. I really like the black and cream color palette you've used on this...very elegant! Your faux tea roses are perfection among your beautifully layered Tim elements! Thanks for sharing this lovely keepsake with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Words and Pictures said...

This is beautiful, Lisa - such lovely, gentle neutrals, and what a lovely photo at the heart of it.
Alison xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful burlap panel! Love the neutral colours, pretty embellishments and great design. Your flowers turned out so well. Thank you so much for sharing some magic with us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

Jenny Marples said...

What a beautiful way to capture a very special memory. I love your flowers on this too and am glad you persevered. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

Margaret said...

What a precious memory and a fabulous creation! This is such a wonderful photo of the two of you, and your roses look great! (I get frustrated with rolling them up and then letting them relax 'just enough'...) What a wonderful way to honor your dad!

Micki said...

Well looking at the flower, one would never know that flowers aren't your thing. I'm with you on that, I do make them, have lots of dies but too tedious. Anyway, love how you incorporated fabric into your canvas. It turned out great and what a wonderful way to display a cherished memory. Xoxo

Gitte said...

Beautiful creation.

Shirley said...

What a beautiful page with lovely memories! I love your roses! I almost moved to Prescott, AZ, where Tim lives. How wonderful to have the memories of your father on one of your most important days!

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous page with such beautiful memories all captured here. ~Diane

Nancy Dynes said...

What an an absolutely lovely canvas! Thanks so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog!
Hugs,
Nancy

Andiepants said...

What a sweet sentiment and gorgeous flowers. Thank you for playing along at eP and good luck!!

Lawendowy Czas said...

I wish you happy birthday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...