Monday, June 30, 2014

ICAD #'s 22-28

22. beach umbrella

25. maple leaf


Hello again!

As some of you know I am participating in Yellow Daisy's Index Card a Day challenge during June and July. This is my second full week to play along and you can read about the challenge HERE if you are interested. Tammy (our hostess) encourages you to join anytime and not worry about the previous weeks you may have missed, just start where you are. 


Below are the prompts, which are optional, for days 22-28. I used two this week which are my first two index cards. 

22.beach umbrella
23. Star Wars
24. brown
25. maple leaf
26. magnifying glass
27. album cover
28. robot


Along with prompts Yellow Daisy issues themes as well. This week it was a rainbow. One of the ways she mentioned you could express this is to use a color of the rainbow on your card each day. What I did was to splash the colors onto one index card which is below. 

The letters were cut from a magazine and I added black circles for a little drama, yes I do realize black is not a color of the rainbow lol. I just like black circles I guess. :) 


For my remaining four index cards I turned to some of my mixed media and art journaling magazines. I clipped out artwork (smaller versions in the front or back) by other artists that I admire. The background, doodling, journaling, shading, and rub-ons are my touches but the artwork represented is not mine and I do not claim it to be. They merely serve as inspiration to me, especially when it chooses to walk out of the door, and are for my personal use only. I am remiss for not writing down the artists names on each piece however I do remember that Renee Zarate is responsible for some of the art featured below, my sincere  apologies.  

The remnant rub-ons are by Tim Holtz. I used a white painter's pen (Elmer's) for the dots inside my black circles. As you can see one dot chose to be larger than the rest. I decided to leave it that way and "embrace imperfection" as Tim says. ;)

The yellow dots are again a painters pen and I added two remnant rub-ons.

The "L" is an alpha stamp from My Favorite Things and I used a white Faber-Castell Pitt Pen to outline the letters.  

I love the sweet face on this image! When I ran across the words beautiful dreamer in a magazine I knew this was my title. You can see one of Tim's remnant rub-ons in the upper left corner and a neon blue painters pen highlights the inside of my black circles. 

Note: I use the caps of bottles/products to create my circles and that's a tip I picked up from the talented Kate Crane. Just spread black paint/ink around the edge and stamp. It works like a charm. :)

The backgrounds were all created using various ink sprays by Dylusions and Mister Huey. Each index card was distressed around the edges with black soot distress ink.  

That's it for me today, if you haven't joined my 50 and Fabulous Birthday Giveaway time is running out, literally. It ends tonight at 11:55pm CST in the US. So hurry and link up to win one of two prize packages up for grabs and be sure to tell all of your friends. You can find the link in my sticky post at the top. Good Luck everyone! 

Have a wonderful day,
Lisa x


12 comments:

Sarah said...

These are fab Lisa. I have such a fondness for the old card index. As a girl when playing "post office" with my Sister I had Mum make me a pretend card index box. When I married and started to do the Accounts for my Hubby's Company, I bought a real one and was so chuffed with the neatly written addresses and contact no's. Such a shame that most things are electronic these days!! xx

1CardCreator said...

Wow, these all look great! Looks like you have been very busy creating! ~Diane

catherine said...

These are just fabulous Lisa and I really like the idea of this thanks for the link and I am going to check it out
x catherine

rachel said...

these are wonderful Lisa and I love all the colours! Brilliant xx

morkaren said...

Ja jeg er også ret vild med det sidste kort, det ansigt er sødt og drømmenene, og i sarte pastelfarver. knus morkaren.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your ICADs! I have seen a few others taking part in this challenge and it looks like a fun thing to do! Chris :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic collection of projects Lisa!

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous ICADs, Lisa - I love how you've honoured the work of other artists you love by creating some of them around those other images - fantastically creative... love them all!
Alison xx

Julia Aston said...

What a fun challenge to be participating in Lisa! love how different each one of your projects is!

Redanne said...

Wow Lisa, what a beautiful and eclectic mix of cards you have created, they are all so beautiful!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a lovely comment, it is much appreciated. Anne x

Shirley said...

Love every single card! You are so creative. If you lived next door I would be over there all the time watching you!

Margaret said...

Oh, how awesome are all of these! Really love the umbrella one!!! Great tip on stamping the circles too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...