Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Butterfly Card




Welcome!

I'm back with a DT card for our new challenge-Shaped Cards-at Top Tip Tuesday

My card features the Butterfly Flip template from our current sponsor, Shape EZ, and you may recall that Tammy Louise  was a DT member in the past. We're thrilled she's back as our sponsor for this challenge, thanks Tammy!   

I used my new electronic cutting tool to cut the file. My pink background is a distress ink palette of pickled raspberry, worn lipstick and spun sugar {Note: I use mini misters and distress ink re-inkers to create distress sprays. One dropper mixed with 3/4 water yields beautiful color, thanks Tim!} I dry embossed the front with a dots folder, wet embossed it with a music stamp and Ranger's turquoise embossing powder, and Studio 490's black embossing paste was used over a butterfly on the Mini Specimens 6x6 stencil adding more texture. 







Prize is 2 Shape EZ templates of winners choice!


I am also linking this up to the Butterfly Bingo Challenge and I used two rows-pink and dry embossing along with wet embossing and flowers. :-)

Before I go I want to thank everyone for the birthday wishes and encourage you to join in my birthday giveaway if you haven't already. There are two packages up for grabs and the winners will be announced on July 1st. Click HERE for details and entry info, good luck to everyone!

Package One

Package Two


Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs,
Lisa



13 comments:

Sarah said...

Firstly, I hope you have recovered from the Birthday celebrations!! I love the shape you have chosen and the texture is wonderful, together with the great pink/turquoise combo!! xx

rachel said...

a beautiful card Lisa - the dots look awesome and thanks for the reinker recipe xx

Lisa Minckler said...

The colors are exquisite L1! I bet I don't even have to ask if you love your cutting machine?? LOL...are the possibilities not endless?? I can only imagine the creativity we're going to be seeing on your blog now. SO EXCITED. Your TTT project is stunning my friend :)
hugs,
L2

Pia S said...

It's incredible what you can create with one of those electronic cutting machines, it's definitely something I'll consider investing in! This butterfly looks beautiful with both types of embossing techniques used, some ink there and paste here. You're great at using different mediums on your work!

1CardCreator said...

Great card, love the beautiful shape to it, not sure when in June you will have that birthday, but in case I miss it, Happy Birthday! ~Diane

Mrs A. said...

I love the butterfly shape. Great mixing of colours nd textures. Thanks for the tips on quantities and thankyou for fluttering by my bingo challenge. Hugs Mrs A. (Butterfly challenge).

Elaine Stark said...

I love the dotty texture and the shimmer of the music. Have fun playing with your new toy. Elaine

Shirley said...

Hi, Lisa! I love the card! The colors for the background and your distressed look is beautiful. TY for sharing the spray recipe too. That wonderful black butterfly in the middle with the cute flower is wonderful! Very pretty!

Margaret said...

Oh, your gorgeous butterfly card is amazing! I love how the turquoise and black stands out against the pretty pink!

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - scrumptious texture, and I love the black just grunging up that bold pink a little - very cool butterfly!
Alison xx

Anonymous said...

I really love this love all the texture and so nice to see this template done in this way too! well done hugs me xx

Sue Lelli said...

GREAT shape, Lisa and you KNOW of LOVE the colors and textures!

New Creations said...

Love the texture you created and so nice colours !!! Beautiful!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...