Sunday, June 1, 2014

Good News to Share




I'm excited to share that I am the Guest Designer at All Crafts Challenge for June and July! It's a wonderful place to share your non card creations and to see what other crafty people are up to. 
Thanks Elaine for the invite!!




For my guest designer project I altered a Kaisercraft kit I picked up some time ago. I created it for my daughter's apartment and I'm happy to say she loved it and found a great place above her Japanese writing desk for it. She's always had an affinity for all things Japanese and even taught herself how to read and write the language in high school. Naturally when I saw the papers in the Bird Song collection by Graphic 45 I had to use them. I've been hoarding them anyway, that's right-I admit to hoarding paper lol.   

Here are a few close ups.

I gave the bird a coat of black gesso, then mixed red acrylic paints and applied it randomly, dabbed on some gold paint, shaded with a black Faber-Castell Pitt Pen and added some gold Stickles. The eye is a mosaic gem with gold Stickles circling it. The crown he wears is a metal Idea-ology element by Tim Holtz. 

All of the flowers are by Petaloo and the bird stamps are from my G45 Birdsong paper pad. 

To create my tree branch I mixed glass beads with ink sprays and spread a thick coat over my branch. It dried overnight and adds great texture to my piece. I used a border sheet in the collection, trimmed it and matted it to black cardstock. It adds another pop of color and gives my bird a base.



Since this is a two month challenge you have plenty of time to play along. You can enter anything besides a card with a limit of two projects in the same genre (i.e. two tags, two pieces of jewelry, two mini albums). Hope to see your amazing creations linked up and I'll be back with a half-way guest designer project on July 1st.

Thanks for the visit today and don't forget to check out the fabulous inspiration by the All Crafts Challenge DT. Also, I have a blog giveaway starting in a few hours and I hope you'll stop by and link up to win. 

Hugs,
Lisa xx


15 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Lisa
What a fabulous project. The paper is gorgeous and I love the texture and dimension added by the branch.

Congratulations on your guest spot.

Michelle :o)

Shirley said...

First, you must be very proud to have a daughter who is bilingual and what a wonderful culture she chose too! I like everything about your hanging, including the great DP, flowers, and that beautifully distressed bird!! That doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean!! ;-)

Shirley said...

Actually, Lisa, she is so adorable and cute!! Your tag is not only fun and pretty, but also looks patriotic!!

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Lisa..this is just fabulous..what a wonderful project.I love the colours and textures and the little blossoms...beautiful.

luv CHRISSYxx

Art By Wanda said...

This is gorgeous!!!!

Lisa Minckler said...

Well, it's a bird, so that instantly caught my eye and then those beads on your branch; lovely touch for texture!! Then the paper with the most impressive accomplishment from your daughter...good grief. We were stoked when 3 out of 4 of us could speak pig-Latin together :) I bet this looks sensational above her desk!
Congrats on the GDT L1. Makes me so happy to see you doing what you've always wanted to get busy doing :)
hugs,
L2

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wooo hoooo! Congrats Lisa on your GDT spot! And what a fantastic piece you've created! I love the theme and it is just perfect for your DD and her apartment. Xxx

1CardCreator said...

Wow, fab piece! Congrats on the GDT too. ~Diane

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card! Love the sweet bird with the little crown!

Pia S said...

What a beautiful decorative oriental piece! you've got such a great eye for detailing!

Margaret said...

OK...apparently I missed this one too... Sheesh! I don't mind my brain cells dying, just wish they would wait til I was done using them!

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the paper on the panels with the gorgeous flowers and that amazing bird! What a way to introduce yourself as a guest designer!

Sue Lelli said...

THIS is just Fantastic, Lisa! LOVE it all but that bird just POPS! I'm impressed she taught herself Japanese! WOW!

LynnF said...

Simply stunning piece! I'm sure your daughter was thrilled with it! She sounds as talented as you!

Dunja Trautmann said...

This is just a great creation, i like it a lot and your style is so unique, wow, it's really stunning Lisa,

Dunja x

Jackie PN said...

Lisa, This is a stunning piece! I love the Asian theme and you really rocked it! Bravo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...