Tuesday, July 29, 2014

12 Tags of 2014 - July Tag


my July tag


Hi everyone, I'm so excited to share my July tag  for Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2014 challenge. First, I am in love with the "sand" technique that he came up with. As long as you follow his step by step instructions it's a cinch to do. Second, I'll confess that when I first saw this tag and the number of steps involved I freaked a little. I'm not into tedious (at all) but I took a deep breath, read through the steps and decided it was do-able. He broke all of the components down and the best part is that I freaking love my tag! I can't wait to show this one to my DD and DIL however I am worried my DIL might want to claim it since she's a true beach lover. Guess I'll just have to make another for her upcoming birthday in September because she's not getting this one lol, it's mine. 
Ha! Ha! I love you J-

I have several close ups to share but I'd like to take a quick moment first to thank Tim and Mario for the wonderful prize I received as a June winner. It arrived in record time and it's always a fantastic day when a package arrives with your name on it from Mr. Holtz. Thank you so much!!! I love everything and I'm busy putting it all to good use. 

Now for my photos...

Mr. Seahorse 
{love the crackle!}

and

his Mrs.

There's a story here and I promise to make it brief-
there are 2 mini seahorses on my tag because I could not find a large seahorse anywhere. Online-sold out/out of stock and in stores-nada. Seriously, people! You couldn't leave me just one. ;)
 It was ditto for the bubbles embossing folder-nada. So I improvised and used a Divine Swirls folder instead. 

{When I do get my hands on a large seahorse die and the bubbles folder I'm going to make said DIL a tag and a shadowbox to remind her of the beautiful beaches in her home state of South Carolina.}

 See what I mean, told you it was awesome!
Go ahead, click on the picture to see it up close. ;)

I'm a long time fan of the Idea-ology line of products and word bands rank at the top for me.

Just had to see that sand once more and share a close up of the fabulous texture on the sand dollar and starfish. Distress products are so versatile and that's why I use them, just wish you could touch them in person. 



Fun Fact
 Did you know that the male seahorse gives birth and not the female. Click here to read more about this unique creature in the animal kingdom. Maybe it's why I have always loved these little guys. :-)



That's all for me today, thanks so much for looking and I hope you have a wonderful day! I'll be back Thursday with my Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge project featuring another awesome technique by Tim that I absolutely love. Oh, if I seemed animated today it's because I've had too much coffee and too little sleep. Yes, I live with a man who snores. Yikes!

Have a great day!
Lisa xx


7 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

OMG this is such a GORGEOUS tag! I want it, too! LOVE the two little seahorses (who needs a large one?!) and your bg and sand are divine! CONGRATS on your June win, too! Well deserved!

Sarah said...

Wow Lisa this is fabulous and you should be really pleased with it!! The sand is amazing and the textures too xx

Lisa Minckler said...

Holy Toledo chica...this is incredible. I'm so proud of you for your win and congratulations to you on nailing this months technique. Your tag is GORGEOUS!!!!!
big hugs to you L1 :)
L2

Tracy said...

oh...my...word!!! This is incredible Lisa. Those crackly seahorses and the amazing sand. It looks so stinkin' real! This is beautiful. I wouldn't let go of it if I were you either. What a treat to see! Hugs!

Sandy said...

Hi Lisa, wowie!!! Your tag is fantastic. That sand is so realistic and love your seahorses too. Congrats on your win as well
Hugs
Sandy

Paula Cheney said...

Once again you have created such a wonderful tag Lisa. The seahorses turned out so good!

Pia S said...

Your tag looks absolutely fabulous, Lisa. That crackle paint make them look so real. Your embossing folders with swirls make nice water. And no, I did not know the male ones are the ones giving birth, how fascinating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...