Thursday, July 3, 2014

Happy 4th of July!


{a little early}

I'm back with my entry for the Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge-Week 5 with a kraft tag celebrating Independence Day in the US and the creative talent of Tim Holtz. This technique is one I particularly enjoyed because I love the properties of the distress line and how versatile they are. By now you know there's no sharing of info concerning the technique out of respect for Tim. If you want to join along you can get an autographed copy of CC3 here.  


Challenge 5


We were given the option of completing Part 2 if we wanted to but I chose to complete Part 1 only. My original intent was to add mirrored stars to my tag however I forgot to pack them so I stamped two nautical blueprint stars on my background and colored each with distress markers. Industrial trimmings along with washi tape were added and I altered Tim's crinkle ribbon with distress ink then dried it with a heat tool. Paula Cheney's technique for creating bows is easy and they look great so I made another one. :)  



The Inspiration Emporium is sponsoring all odd number CC3C challenges and giving away a generous gift certificate for linking up your project and mentioning them in your blog post. Plus you can get 10% off any order with the code STUDIOL3. Thanks IE!


Many thanks to Linda and the Curosity Crew for the fabulous DT inspiration!!!


For everyone celebrating the 4th of July this weekend I hope you have a safe and fun time!   
I'll be by to visit everyone soon and catch up with your crafty adventures. 
Hugs, 
Lisa x

14 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Fantastic patriotic tag Lisa! Love it! I hope you have a Happy 4th!

Susan said...

Love your patriotic tag, Lisa! Also love the addition of the industrial stickers s well as your wonderful watercolor job! Great piece! Thanks for playing along with us for this challenge!

rachel said...

a great tag Lisa - wonderful use of the technique x

Candy C said...

Lisa...your patriotic tag is darling! I love how you've colorized the blueprint stamp here. The addition of Tim's metallic borders is such a great touch, too! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at CC3C. <3 Candy

Julia Aston said...

what a great 4th tag Lisa! Love how you framed the image panel with the Industrious stickers - your red ribbon is luscious and the stamped stars look great in the corners (a good substitute for the forgotten shiny stars!) Have a safe and happy 4th!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

YAY! Happy Independence Day! Love your patriotic tag! The watercolored flag is great! Thanks so much for joining us on our watercolory challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

morkaren said...

Skøn tags, og glædelig 4 juli til dig fra morkaren.

sara j said...

Great Tag - just perfect for today!!!

Jackie PN said...

Lisa, I absolutely love your tag! The beautiful tone of tag sets your beautiful stamping and coloring up perfectly! I also love those elements you used-those tiny stars- have to have them! Sorry, I went on& on have I said that I love your tag? Jackie")

Pia S said...

This is as patriotic as it can get.I love the red, white and blue in combination with kraft, and the metallic look of the star border looks great!

Shirley said...

Your tag is so vintage and beautiful! What a tribute to our history.

Margaret said...

Somehow I missed this one... I love the sketchy images on your awesomely patriotic tag! Those stars are fantastic!!!

I also meant to add to my last comment that I hope your DH is doing well. Not sure where my brain is at the moment!

Words and Pictures said...

Terrific 4th July tag - love the krafty background and the watercolouring is great!
Alison xx

Sue Lelli said...

Fantastic water colored tag, Lisa and I LOVE the star detail!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...