Friday, July 18, 2014

Document Life Project-Week 28



{add an Instagram or other tiny photo to your page}


Hi everyone, hope your weekend is off to a great start. 
I'm running a little behind with my DLP planner pages but we knew that was going to happen, didn't we? ;) I do have Week 28 to share today and Week 29 will be posted in the next day or so. Then I can start on the current challenge which goes live tomorrow and hopefully get caught up.  

So what's DLP? It's one part planner, one part art journal and one part weekly challenge. You can read all about it here if you'd like to join in the fun. 


Some closeups of each page.

Planner Page
I used stamps, rub ons, 3D butterfly, acrylic paint, Sakura white gelly pen and a Pink Rose Painters pen to create it.

Journal Page

Journal Page

Both of my journal pages feature photos of my children and our first furry child, our Sheltie named Rascal. I added more 3D butterfly stickers, rub ons and Dylusions stamps (flowers and leaves) which I colored with Faber-Castell Pitt Pens. Doodling and washi tape add visual interest and finish my pages.  



The page on the right is my outer flap. I printed a free butterfly sheet which I found on Pinterest and fussy cut each butterfly. After adhering them to my page using Liquitex Matte Gel Medium I shaded each with a black Faber-Castell Pitt Pen and added rub ons. 

Here's a close up of my flap (tip-in). 

(The flap, or tip-in, is a third page that is added to create a 3 page spread in your planner for art journaling.) 


All of my backgrounds were created using various acrylic paints and the pens/markers shown below.


That's all from me today, thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Lisa


8 comments:

rachel said...

beautiful work Lisa - gorgeous summery colours - brilliant xx

Sarah said...

Oh wow Lisa, what a glorious project, I love the colours and the sweet photographs!! xx

Lisa Minckler said...

L1,
I honestly drop my jaw when I see all that you've been up to. Are the tips of your fingers forever rainbows? I LOVE that there is so much life and color in everything you create. The movement of it all is inspiring.
You certainly never fail in putting a fire under my butt for motivation. Hope you had fun working outside today in the great weather. I had a blast stalking on your blog. :)
hugs,
L2

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful pages! ~Diane

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Lisa! I love the bright colours - journlling at its finest! Have a lovely weekend! xx

Regina Easter said...

wow what beautiful work you do....i love love love all the pretty colors to.....this journal is truly a piece of beautiful artwork....hugs

Margaret said...

I love seeing your pages for DLP! Who knew a planner could be so beautiful?!
The photos are so sweet and such a wonderful addition to your beautiful, colorful pages (no wonder the butterflies are flocking to this!).

Sue Lelli said...

WOW,Lisa! There is so much detail here and I'm Loving the bright colors! LOVE the page with the plan and your journal pages have so many FAB photos and journaling! Just Fantastic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...